UK Parliamentary General Election 8th June 2017

Started by mongers, April 19, 2017, 08:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

I've been seriously considering that one for months.
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

If I were considering a move to the UK I think I'd prefer Scotland, irrespective of Brexit/independence referendum.

Tamas

Quote from: Maladict on May 03, 2017, 07:22:23 AM
If I were considering a move to the UK I think I'd prefer Scotland, irrespective of Brexit/independence referendum.

garbon

What's wrong with Scotland? I'd be up for opening an office for my company in Glasgow or Edinburgh. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Yeah Scotland is full of Scots. And even if it wasn't it is kind of miserable in most other respects.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on May 03, 2017, 09:54:05 AM
What's wrong with Scotland? I'd be up for opening an office for my company in Glasgow or Edinburgh. :)

People from Glasgow talk funny.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on May 03, 2017, 09:54:32 AM

But apparently make polite muggers.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on May 03, 2017, 09:54:32 AM

Well yes, that is one of the many exclusion criteria that I apply to Texas and the South. -_-

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on May 03, 2017, 10:55:33 AM
Well yes, that is one of the many exclusion criteria that I apply to Texas and the South. -_-

Yet not to Glasgow. Weird.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on May 03, 2017, 11:08:55 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 03, 2017, 10:55:33 AM

Yet not to Glasgow. Weird.

They sound interesting which cannot be said for the speech of those other areas...

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on May 03, 2017, 11:18:53 AM
They sound interesting which cannot be said for the speech of those other areas...

The Brits clearly disagree with you since they always go straight for the southern accent when they try to do American accents :P

garbon

I don't know if that means they like it. My employees keep laughing every time our person based in North Carolina speaks with a bit of a twang.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on May 03, 2017, 12:43:22 PM
I don't know if that means they like it. My employees keep laughing every time our person based in North Carolina speaks with a bit of a twang.

North Carolina's is pretty extreme. My Father-in-Law lives there.