UK Parliamentary General Election 8th June 2017

Started by mongers, April 19, 2017, 08:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

:lol:

Well yes, the country is supposed to vote on May and the Tories, because they are the only ones who can sort out the Brexit chaos that... they created.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on May 30, 2017, 10:08:41 AM

Well yes, the country is supposed to vote on May and the Tories, because they are the only ones who can sort out the Brexit chaos that... they created.

On the other hand, Labour doesn't really have an angle there as they, as a party, can't even coalesce around their leader, let alone a coherent position on Brexit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on May 30, 2017, 10:12:35 AM
Quote from: Tamas on May 30, 2017, 10:08:41 AM

On the other hand, Labour doesn't really have an angle there as they, as a party, can't even coalesce around their leader, let alone a coherent position on Brexit.

True.

That's why people should vote LibDems. But we don't live such times where moderation and lack of bombastic claims can win votes.

Valmy

I will write letters to the British people to vote Lib Dem. That always works.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

New yougov poll shows Tories dropping below a majority.
Here's to hoping it doesn't give the Tories some new wind in their sails and make the others grow lazy. Would be great to see.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on May 31, 2017, 03:19:59 AM
New yougov poll shows Tories dropping below a majority.
Here's to hoping it doesn't give the Tories some new wind in their sails and make the others grow lazy. Would be great to see.

May IS incompetent in anything but running an accountant's office, isn't she?

Josquius

It seems Corbyn will be going ahead with the live debate on the BBC today.
May won't.
It's the last day of May?

My voting paper has arrived.
Only 4 choices sadly, I'd heard mutters the Greens might be on there. So its UKIP, Conservatives, Lib Dem or Labour.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Hey you vote your conscience. I won't tell you what to do.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

"Liberal Democrats"? About as redundant as "Nazi Republicans".
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on May 31, 2017, 11:12:19 AM
Hey you vote your conscience. I won't tell you what to do.

Probably.
As said labour are going to win in my seat anyway, so I guess the only thing to do is try and give the lib dems a healthy showing. Doubt they'll manage 2nd this time though.

The debate on TV...wonder how that will play for the leaders. It was quite a mess having all those other party leaders there too. Lots of talking over each other.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

frunk

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 01, 2017, 08:59:46 AM
Prime Minister Corbyn. Has a ring to it :hmm:

Countries always want to compete with the US, but in this case I think it's best if they realize they've lost.  We have the worst leader, get over it.

mongers

Quote from: frunk on June 01, 2017, 09:05:31 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on June 01, 2017, 08:59:46 AM
Prime Minister Corbyn. Has a ring to it :hmm:

Countries always want to compete with the US, but in this case I think it's best if they realize they've lost.  We have the worst leader, get over it.

Yeah, only Erdogan, Duarte and Assad are still in the running.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"