High School principal resigns after student journalists question her credentials

Started by jimmy olsen, April 06, 2017, 12:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on April 06, 2017, 05:58:04 AM
Do you guys realize how often this shit must have happened before people had The Google?

Every Saturday morning.  And they all would've gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddlesome kids.

Eddie Teach

Sounds like there's a job opening for someone with education experience.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

Quote from: Caliga on April 06, 2017, 05:58:04 AM
Do you guys realize how often this shit must have happened before people had The Google?  I bet the country was full of fake doctors, lawyers, teachers, and so on.

It is also now much harder to be a fake man or woman.  :(

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Even if you toss out the diploma mill, one would think a legit BA and teaching degree from mother-fucking Cambridge UK would get you some street cred.

The heaviest black mark, I think, is that apparent record of driving that Dubai school into the ground.  But then it is freakin' Dubai, so that could just be some Wahabi bureaucrat hating on non-males in leadership roles.

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 06, 2017, 01:36:35 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 06, 2017, 01:18:04 AM
Not good. Stupid credentialism.

You can argue that X credential is overkill for Y job and not needed, but as long as it's required, don't cry if you fake having it and get caught and punished.

Does it actually say in the article that the Master's and Doctorate were required for the position of Principal?

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: The Larch on April 06, 2017, 09:52:10 AM
Ok, thanks, I had read somewhere that he was not who he claimed to be and at least parts of his background story had been fabricated. Maybe it was from Duncan, as Valmy says. IIRC it was also mentioned that he played up his aristocratic roots by behaving very pompously and travelling around with an oversized entourage of servants, in order to prop up his fabricated background.
If you get a chance, watch the Drunk History episode that has his story in it.  It's actually pretty solid.  Bonus:  David Cross plays Steuben.

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 06, 2017, 07:00:59 PM
Quote from: The Larch on April 06, 2017, 09:52:10 AM
Ok, thanks, I had read somewhere that he was not who he claimed to be and at least parts of his background story had been fabricated. Maybe it was from Duncan, as Valmy says. IIRC it was also mentioned that he played up his aristocratic roots by behaving very pompously and travelling around with an oversized entourage of servants, in order to prop up his fabricated background.
If you get a chance, watch the Drunk History episode that has his story in it.  It's actually pretty solid.  Bonus:  David Cross plays Steuben.

:lol: Love David Cross since I watched Arrested Development, I'll look it up.  :thumbsup: