And we're back!

Main Menu

Pelosi hates Michael Jackson

Started by garbon, July 09, 2009, 12:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Scipio

I never thought I would consider any action by Pelosi sensible.

But I applaud this.  Much better than MS democrats, who passed HR 8 in the special session convened for the sole purpose of passing a state budget by Midnight, June 30.

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/documents/20092E/pdf/HR/HR0008PS.pdf
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on July 09, 2009, 02:33:17 PM
Really? My respect is at like 1x10^-10 and perhaps might slide to 1x10^-9 over this, but unlikely.
Same here, only slightly less unlikely.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jaron

When I heard about this while watching the memorial the other day I was like :mellow: and I yelled "Nigga, are you crazy?!" at my tv screen. <_<
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2009, 01:56:18 PM
How do we fix it?  Do we make Ed a new American Sulla?

As a tribune of the plebs I say: VETO.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 09, 2009, 06:19:53 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2009, 01:56:18 PM
How do we fix it?  Do we make Ed a new American Sulla?

As a tribune of the plebs I say: VETO.

Remember the Gracchi.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Jaron on July 09, 2009, 05:37:18 PM
When I heard about this while watching the memorial the other day I was like :mellow: and I yelled "Nigga, are you crazy?!" at my tv screen. <_<

Racist.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

Quote from: derspiess on July 09, 2009, 08:54:09 PM

Racist.

You can't be racist if you're not white. It doesn't work that way.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tamas

Fate

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on July 09, 2009, 12:22:20 PM
:huh: why would there need to be a resolution on MJ? I think it's retarded for him to be brought up by lawmakers? waste of taxpayers' time & money there.

These things are rather common in the House. If you watch CSPAN enough you'll see them make resolutions to recognize achievements of a local sports teams, notable community members passing, etc...

Caliga

Quote from: Jaron on July 09, 2009, 10:24:26 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 09, 2009, 08:54:09 PM

Racist.
You can't be racist if you're not white. It doesn't work that way.
:yes:

Remember when Jesse Jackson called New York "Hymietown"?  Not a raciss :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Fate on July 10, 2009, 07:19:42 AM
These things are rather common in the House. If you watch CSPAN enough you'll see them make resolutions to recognize achievements of a local sports teams, notable community members passing, etc...

Which doesn't mean they're not stupid and a waste of taxpayer time. Honestly, that stuff needs to stay at the municipal level, maybe an exception for people holding high federal offices.
Experience bij!

Fate

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 10, 2009, 07:41:12 AM
Quote from: Fate on July 10, 2009, 07:19:42 AM

Which doesn't mean they're not stupid and a waste of taxpayer time. Honestly, that stuff needs to stay at the municipal level, maybe an exception for people holding high federal offices.
Who actually thinks taxpayer's time is valuable? There's more than enough of it that a Congress critter can take five minutes to give a short explanation on the floor of why they're presenting X for a resolution and have the handful of members present vote aye. These things don't take up a lot of time, especially given that it's usually done en masse.

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 09, 2009, 06:24:16 PM
Remember the Gracchi.

So who did you like best?  Tiberius or Gaius?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 10, 2009, 09:22:07 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 09, 2009, 06:24:16 PM
Remember the Gracchi.

So who did you like best?  Tiberius or Gaius?

Neither. They both got what they deserved.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive