We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies

Started by Syt, March 13, 2017, 03:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on March 14, 2017, 08:38:58 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2017, 05:33:35 AM
Very strange given that what, America has been pretty good at integrating immigrants? Also, I wonder if his 'we look a lot the same' in that last line is that we'd all look white.
aren't there people still speaking Dutch or German in Pennsylvania?  Filthy 'migrants refusing to assimilate :mad:
I'm sure that's what he had in mind.

Doesn't matter, especially if they're a white guy named Stephen/Steve.

The Minsky Moment

Saw the talking heads on CNN parsing and analyzing and tut-tutting this guy's comments like it was some carefully reasoned thesis.  No one pointed out the simple fact that the guy is just an rambling idiot.  We've reached the point where people get voted to Congress who are the mental level of the guys handing out leaflets in the subway or the poor slobs shouting random nonsense in the middle of the street.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maladict

Quote from: viper37 on March 14, 2017, 08:38:58 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2017, 05:33:35 AM
Very strange given that what, America has been pretty good at integrating immigrants? Also, I wonder if his 'we look a lot the same' in that last line is that we'd all look white.
aren't there people still speaking Dutch or German in Pennsylvania?  Filthy 'migrants refusing to assimilate :mad:
I'm sure that's what he had in mind.

About 9.000 Dutch speakers according to wikipedia (160,000 in the US).

Van Buren should have put an end to this English nonsense when he had the chance.  :mad:

DGuller

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 14, 2017, 11:23:36 AM
Saw the talking heads on CNN parsing and analyzing and tut-tutting this guy's comments like it was some carefully reasoned thesis.  No one pointed out the simple fact that the guy is just an rambling idiot.  We've reached the point where people get voted to Congress who are the mental level of the guys handing out leaflets in the subway or the poor slobs shouting random nonsense in the middle of the street.
We've reached the point where we're collectively doing harm to ourselves out of spite.  I'd like to think that this is a teenager phase and not a terminal mental illness.

Tonitrus

Quote from: DGuller on March 14, 2017, 12:26:47 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 14, 2017, 11:23:36 AM
We've reached the point where we're collectively doing harm to ourselves out of spite.  I'd like to think that this is a teenager phase and not a terminal mental illness.

So we won WW2 as tweens?  The future looks bright, then.

Though our college years of binge drinking and frat parties will be rough.

Crazy_Ivan80

question is of course: is the statement wrong?

Demographics certainly seem to matter. And while no one can predict the future it's not that hard to see that when a certain demographic keeps rising its influence will go more profound. And in case of that certain group that's unlikely to be a positive development for us.

Razgovory

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on March 15, 2017, 02:28:14 PM

Demographics certainly seem to matter. And while no one can predict the future it's not that hard to see that when a certain demographic keeps rising its influence will go more profound. And in case of that certain group that's unlikely to be a positive development for us.

Yes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Latin Americans, East Asians and Indians are far larger groups of immigrants in America than Middle Eastern ones. We'll be fine.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

Fertility rates in most ME countries have steeply declined over the past few decades.  Total births per woman in ME&NAfrica have gone from about 6.5 in 1980 to around 2.75.  Turkey and Iran are below replacement now.  Lebanon is way under, Syria probably is now as well.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 15, 2017, 05:36:10 PM
Fertility rates in most ME countries have steeply declined over the past few decades.  Total births per woman in ME&NAfrica have gone from about 6.5 in 1980 to around 2.75.  Turkey and Iran are below replacement now.  Lebanon is way under, Syria probably is now as well.

OMG ME genocide!!!111

Also: fuck that white nationalist Iowan rep.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on March 15, 2017, 07:21:37 PM
Also: fuck that white nationalist Iowan rep.

You better get on board, man. It's hip to be racist again, and Stevie King is in the vanguard #HawkeyeStrong

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

What would this say if translated from gibberish?  Some demographics matter, some don't.  Saying "Demographics certainly seem to matter" is like saying "comparisons matter."

I have no idea what "certain demographic" you coyly refrain from mentioning.  Bigots?  Yes, as bigots "keep rising" they get to become Presidents and presidential advisers and Languish posters.  You are correct that that's unlikely to be a positive development for us.  We already have one you and don't need more.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

We can restore western civilization with a lot of dead brown babies.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive