Paradox teasing new game. Victoria 3 seems likely.

Started by Solmyr, March 01, 2017, 08:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on February 16, 2018, 01:31:05 PM
I love Victoria.
The only problem with it is the 19th century world is quite limited in terms of diversity, there's only a handful of nations worth playing and most games are pretty similar with the uber UK being quite dominant.

They should have a broader empire and industrialization game that begins in 1756 and runs through 1919.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Tyr on February 16, 2018, 01:31:05 PM
I love Victoria.
The only problem with it is the 19th century world is quite limited in terms of diversity, there's only a handful of nations worth playing and most games are pretty similar with the uber UK being quite dominant.

My last vic2 game the UK got smashed by a France-Russia coalition, had a revolution, went republican, pieces of the empire fell off or were taken.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Zanza

I think like 80% of my games in Victoria I (never really got into Victoria II) were playing Prussia.

garbon

I loved playing Russia in the pop mod and seeing how long I could keep my authoritarian kingship in power.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.