News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Help Yi Pimp His Ride

Started by Admiral Yi, February 27, 2017, 09:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Need to start personalizing.

Foxtail on the rear view yay or nay?  Where do you get those?

Bobblehead on the dash yay or nay?  Was that Trump Power Grip(tm) bobble a real thing or an animation?

Steer horns on the hood would be wicked awesome but don't want to fuck with drilling holes.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

I am against car modifications on principle. 

Ed Anger

Quote from: Monoriu on February 27, 2017, 09:58:37 PM

That they cost money. WE GET IT
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

A Jeep?  Handles on the bar for the driver and passenger when you're getting in and out.  Better hood latches (the stock ones stretch and can cause hood flutter).  A hood lock (one that fits in behind the grill instead of the latches).  A shorter rubber antenna so the stock one won't slap against the windshield frame.  If you want to lift it up, 2.5" on 33" tires looks good and provides some nicer clearance without going fucking crazy.

Go to Quadratec for this stuff. 

Tinting the windows in order to not roast is almost a requirement here, but up there meh whatevs.  A Spiderweb Shade provides, surprise, shade when you have the front panels or roof off.  They have ones that cover just the front seats, or the whole thing if you have people in the back that you give a shit about.

E:  If you get a lift, you might consider some rocker protection that also provides some steps.  Or just get a shitty Smittybilt tube and be sure not to drop the Jeep on any rocks or whatever.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 27, 2017, 10:05:10 PM
Handles on the bar for the driver and passenger when you're getting in and out.

Which bar do you mean?

Zero interest in jacking it up.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 27, 2017, 10:08:41 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 27, 2017, 10:05:10 PM
Handles on the bar for the driver and passenger when you're getting in and out.

Which bar do you mean?

Zero interest in jacking it up.

The roll bar.  http://www.quadratec.com/categories/jeep_interior/grab_handles

They help getting in and out, and also give you somethign to hang on to when the doors are off.

It'll fit 33" tires without a lift at all, which will remove the "mailman" look if that's what you're looking for, but they can rub if you roll around on anything more rough than regular old two tracks.  You can put flat fenders on it to help with that, but it starts looking weird with those.  After some damage, I replaced the stock ones on my 4 door with flat fenders and never really liked the way it turned out.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 27, 2017, 10:01:52 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on February 27, 2017, 09:58:37 PM

That they cost money. WE GET IT

I don't think Mono would want his car to stand out regardless.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.