What in the pewtered power of Christ is this nonsense

Started by CountDeMoney, March 19, 2017, 11:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gups

Quote from: Tyr on March 20, 2017, 08:24:13 AM
Is the cat new too? Can't recall that one.
Dog FTW

Think the cat replaced the iron a while ago.

Duque de Bragança

I wonder if Comte de Largent if his Monopoly board game is still unpunched.  :hmm:
Nah, it's not a wargame, so probably no.

PS: a typo got Le Comte triggered. Sorry for this micro aggression!  :lol:
As for Ed, I don't think he would care much for a mass-market boardgames but it's better to ask him. ;)

CountDeMoney

derspiess

As the youngest in a family of five I always had to pick last.  I don't have a particular affinity for any token; just don't like seeing them gold-colored.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

celedhring

We had the cheapo plastic pawns version at home.  <_<

Then in a holiday to the UK I bought Star Wars monopoly with pewter Luke, Vader, Han, et al and never looked back.

Grey Fox

Monopoly is a stupid game.

Who's buying all these new gamebox? Don't you all already own one?!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 20, 2017, 11:20:14 AM

Who's buying all these new gamebox? Don't you all already own one?!

I was like 15, didn't know better.

Then I jumped straight into wargames with WiF and Advanced Third Reich.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 20, 2017, 11:20:14 AM

It's a great game.  Deal making, negotiation, random chance, financial analysis, probability analysis.

Only two drawbacks are that it's very long and people get sad when they go bankrupt.

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 20, 2017, 12:47:09 PM
It's a great game.  Deal making, negotiation, random chance, financial analysis, probability analysis.

Only two drawbacks are that it's very long and people get sad when they go bankrupt.

It is a lot like real life.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Fun Monopoly story:

When I was a kid, I had the flu and was forced to play the game. A bit into it, I barfed all over the game.

I was able to be left alone in my misery afterwards.

The end
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 20, 2017, 08:02:27 PM
Sequel!

The next big puke story was 8th grade. The jr. High wasn't airconditioned and it was hot as hell. About 11 am, I lost control right in the classroom and puked up fried eggs, bacon and toast. It was aromatic.

I got a week off school. Mom would let me go back until I felt better. Of course I milked the "illness".
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 20, 2017, 08:06:23 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 20, 2017, 08:02:27 PM
Sequel!

The next big puke story was 8th grade. The jr. High wasn't airconditioned and it was hot as hell. About 11 am, I lost control right in the classroom and puked up fried eggs, bacon and toast. It was aromatic.

I got a week off school. Mom would let me go back until I felt better. Of course I milked the "illness".

Good thing you grew out of milking illness.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.