Who Will Be the LAST Trump Supporting Poster to Be Banned?

Started by Admiral Yi, February 04, 2017, 02:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

durkamos

Citizen K
0 (0%)
Speesh, Spicy, I can't remember his real fake name
9 (28.1%)
KRonn
9 (28.1%)
Lettuce
6 (18.8%)
Write In
8 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 32

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 05, 2017, 05:50:39 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on February 05, 2017, 12:44:38 PM
As a federal worker, I would like to express my complete support and confidence in the administration of President Donald J Trump.

As a second-class indentured federal contractor field hand, I would like to express my complete support and confidence in the administration of President Donald J Trump's ability to make every lazy fucking GS piss themselves into a complete panic as they realize that their filthy fucking institutionalized welfare world is about to get a massive cock in the ass called Reality.
LE/ES are waived.  :blurgh:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 05, 2017, 05:50:39 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on February 05, 2017, 12:44:38 PM
As a federal worker, I would like to express my complete support and confidence in the administration of President Donald J Trump.

As a second-class indentured federal contractor field hand, I would like to express my complete support and confidence in the administration of President Donald J Trump's ability to make every lazy fucking GS piss themselves into a complete panic as they realize that their filthy fucking institutionalized welfare world is about to get a massive cock in the ass called Reality.

President Donald J Trump is a blessing to all federal workers and contractors. He will fight for us.*

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on February 05, 2017, 06:07:33 PM

For now.

Going to be funny as balls when your ass gets picked up out of that idyllic sylvan paradise and dropped in the middle of the desert to fight off Teh Bad Hombres.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 05, 2017, 06:49:04 PM
President Donald J Trump is a blessing to all federal workers and contractors. He will fight for us.*

And your ass better get working on learning that Cyrillic keyboard, tovarisch.  Those spreadsheets you'll be given aren't going to translate themselves.

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 05, 2017, 08:19:31 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on February 05, 2017, 06:49:04 PM

And your ass better get working on learning that Cyrillic keyboard, tovarisch.  Those spreadsheets you'll be given aren't going to translate themselves.

Already started  :yeah:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 05, 2017, 07:56:56 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 05, 2017, 06:07:33 PM

For now.

Going to be funny as balls when your ass gets picked up out of that idyllic sylvan paradise and dropped in the middle of the desert to fight off Teh Bad Hombres.

No problem with that. It's a dry heat man.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Berkut

So I was thinking about the fact we don't really have Trump supporters on Languish, just trolls - at least, in their posting behavior they are just trolls.

And they get banned, which suggests, I am sure, that we are intolerant of dissenting viewpoints.

The problem, of course, is that it isn't possible to be a Trump supporter in a manner that is going to work somewhere like Languish. We are kind of dickish, and we are pretty intolerant of bullshit. We pretty much insist that you back up your views with some kind of rational, objective reasoning. And that is, for the most part, nearly impossible to do while supporting someone like Trump.

You could make rational, reasonable arguments around some very small subset of his policies and views, of course. But that would not make you a Trump supporter. Noting that 5% of what he is about is ok, 25% is marginal, and 70% is absolutely fucking dangerous and insane doesn't make you a Trump supporter, it makes you a "never Trump" sane human being.

So the Trump fans that we do have, the spiceys and croic, ed, and Marty and such don't really have any room to post meaningfully. There isn't anything that they can post that is substantative, while actually BEING a Trump supporter. If you back Trump, then you can't really get away from backing the worst of what he stands for, and that is in fact poison - because there is no way to act like the racism, intolerance, and embrace of outright anti-intellectualism is somehow not there.

So what is left?

Trolling. That is what is left - that is the only space for the Trump supporters. Languish is just like the rest of the internet. There isn't any way to signal your support for Trump in a intellectually honest manner, so what is left? Just trolling.

So they get banned for being trolls, and I am sure console themselves with the knowledge that they were banned for SPEAKING TO TRUTH or some such nonsense.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

LaCroix

you can support trump with rational, objective reasoning for supporting him. for example, if I were evangelical, I could support him arguing he's looking out for my interests far more than hillary. if I were working class who worked in an industry trump has promised to reinvigorate (let's say coal mining), I could support him arguing he's looking out for my interests more than hillary

a lot of people here aren't of that mindset, so you get a bunch of people with mostly the same views who agree. the few who have different views don't really bother saying their views because over the years they've realized it just doesn't matter. (not saying these posters support trump -- just they have different views)

celedhring

Quote from: LaCroix on February 06, 2017, 09:24:09 AM
a lot of people here aren't of that mindset, so you get a bunch of people with mostly the same views who agree.

I find hilarious how from the other side you consider us to be the same, when i.e. people like me, Valmy, Tamas or Berkut actually have vastly differing political views. We just agree on the very basics of how a liberal democracy has to function and conduct itself, which is the part Trump runs afoul of. I.e. no rampant bigotry, mindless nationalism, attacks on the separation of powers...

We will be back to bicker among ourselves about the role and size of government and transgender bathrooms once the guy in the White House stops trying to ruin the world.

Berkut

You can say that, but you can't have a discussion around it. The moment you do, you have to start supporting why you think Trump would look out for your interests better than Hillary, and also why the negatives make it worthwhile. That breaks down almost immediately, because it is pretty hard to justify on reason.

This was attempted, of course. Much was made of Hilars email servers, or Benghazi. Of course, you don't hear anything about that anymore, since Trump has conclusively proven that he is a objectively much greater security risk than Hillary could ever hope to be, as an example. So instead you just get memes and bullshit.

You can claim you are a Trump supporter because of his supposed love of coal mining, but once you start to unpack that...well, it is pretty obviously bullshit. It is trivial to show that Trump cannot do anything for you, and will be fucking you in the process of pretending to do something for you. So people who truly believed that are no longer Trump supporters, because, you know - FACTS.

And people who continue to support him and claim that as their basis are obviously lying, since objective reality has shown that Trump won't actually help them - so then rational people ask "Well, the stated reason is obviously not true, so what is the REAL reason?". And the answer to that is odious.

So we are back to your trolling. and then getting banned for trolling.

It is the only tool you guys have left in the toolbox when it comes to any attempt at rational discourse.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: celedhring on February 06, 2017, 09:37:57 AM
Quote from: LaCroix on February 06, 2017, 09:24:09 AM
a lot of people here aren't of that mindset, so you get a bunch of people with mostly the same views who agree.

I find hilarious how from the other side you consider us to be the same, when i.e. people like me, Valmy, or Berkut actually have vastly differing political views. We just agree on the very basics of how a liberal democracy has to function and conduct itself, which is the part Trump runs afoul of. I.e. no rampant bigotry, mindless nationalism, attacks on the division of powers...

Indeed. I've been arguing this since I've been on Languish.

When you are standing at the extreme, everyone in the center and further out all pretty much look the same.

It is why Fox News and Rush Limbaugh have convinced the spiceys and croix of the world that everyone 4 inches to the left of them are communists.

If we are all standing on a line that represents the political spectrum, everyone on the ends of the line cannot differentiate between anyone in the middle and further out.

0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

The "real" Trump supporters--if there ever were real ones to begin with--left long ago for their own bubbles.

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 06, 2017, 09:46:49 AM
The "real" Trump supporters--if there ever were real ones to begin with--left long ago for their own bubbles.

Indeed.

I think of all the people who voted for Trump, a LOT have just shut up and are wondering WTF they were thinking. You don't hear from them, but even that is telling - you don't hear from them anymore.

The ones you DO hear from are the ones for whom those "rational" reasons were never the reasons for their support to begin with - that was just convenient cover for their bigotry. That has not changed, and Trumps actions since election and inauguration in fact would make them very, very pleased with him. So why should they change? Sure, they have to reconcile becoming Putin fans, but that is a small price to pay for getting Bannon calling the shots in their new Amerikkka.

Instead, they are doubling down on the rhetoric and support for "alternative facts" and claims that "the media lies" in order to go on on cheerleading for the bigotry and racism with some fig leaf of cover that nobody buys anymore, not even themselves.

It has, if nothing else, taught us something about our friends.

0 rows returned

LaCroix

Quote from: celedhring on February 06, 2017, 09:37:57 AMI find hilarious how from the other side you consider us to be the same, when i.e. people like me, Valmy, Tamas or Berkut actually have vastly differing political views. We just agree on the very basics of how a liberal democracy has to function and conduct itself, which is the part Trump runs afoul of. I.e. no rampant bigotry, mindless nationalism, attacks on the separation of powers...

We will be back to bicker among ourselves about the role and size of government and transgender bathrooms once the guy in the White House stops trying to ruin the world.

I don't consider everyone to have the same views.  :lol: at your next point. yes, people who support trump agree a liberal democracy should have rampant bigotry, mindless nationalism, and attacks on separation of powers (perhaps no separation of powers!).

Valmy

Well they do seem to think reality TV stars with a history of public personal flaws and no other qualifications should be President. That strikes me as damning enough.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."