Main Menu

Snowden Revisited

Started by DontSayBanana, January 09, 2017, 11:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: grumbler on January 10, 2017, 02:13:28 PM
Quote from: viper37 on January 10, 2017, 02:02:31 PM
yes, and they will regret it.

Anyway, for Snowden, I'm expecting a full presidential pardon within 4 years.  Trump will find a way to make him a hero of some anti-Obama crusade.

Europe doesn't have to worry.  Canadas will come to their rescue.

We did it twice before and we'll do it again :Canuck:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

dps

Quote from: viper37 on January 10, 2017, 01:55:59 PM
your country is going to normalize relations with Russia

We've had normalized relations with Russia and before it with the Soviet Union since 1933.  I don't know what you think the word means, but you clearly are talking out of your ass.

DontSayBanana

Ah, so good to see there's no threat to my worldview, vis a vis Snowden, at least.  And yeah, to clarify, I think he's a delusional little shit with a mild messiah complex who wanted to be seen as the hero for Sticking It to the Man.  So I come down on the espionage, not whistleblowing, side of things- a whistle ended up blown in the process, but only as a side effect, not because that was what Snowden set out to do.
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on January 10, 2017, 11:53:55 AM
How is that helpful? Also, last time I checked the current president is Obama and he agrees. :contract:

I don't think Obama would agree with the term "unambiguous enemy". Certainly not publicly.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: dps on January 10, 2017, 05:28:39 PM
Quote from: viper37 on January 10, 2017, 01:55:59 PM
your country is going to normalize relations with Russia

We've had normalized relations with Russia and before it with the Soviet Union since 1933.  I don't know what you think the word means, but you clearly are talking out of your ass.
I'm talking about lifting sanctions and such.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

If I were Snowden I would turn it down. Talk about a worthless passport.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Just in time to get mobilized.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Apparently his citizenship came with a mobilization exemption.

Berkut

What a champion of liberty and transparency.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned