News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Pamir, Languish PBEM

Started by Habbaku, January 05, 2017, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

There's rumours that Prince Akbar Khan has been seen travelling out of Kabul, destiny unknown, while some tribal princes are debating whether to allow the West's mapmaking efforts in Afghanistan

1) I buy Prince Akbar Khan, for 2 rupees. One goes to Imperial Surveyors (first card on that row). Since the second slot in the lower row is now vacant, the second rupee goes to Karakul sheep in the upper row.
2) I buy Imperial Surveyors for free and pick up the 3 rupees on that card.

Is that 100% legal? Save's up in case it is.

Solmyr

Akbar Khan costs only 1 rupee. It goes onto the first card in that row (Imperial Surveyors). Since you placed a rupee on Imperial Surveyors, you cannot purchase it this turn.

You can, however, purchase Imperial Surveyors first for free (and get the two rupees on it), then purchase Akbar Khan for 1 rupee (which will then go onto Eldred Pottinger card).

celedhring

Aren't cards double cost now? Because of the current regime.

Solmyr

Oh right, true. Then you put 2 rupees on the first card in the same row (or other row, if the spot in the same row is vacant). In any case, if you put rupees on a card you cannot then purchase that card in the same turn.

celedhring

Thanks! Then it is:

1) I buy surveyors and pick the 2 rupees
2) Buy Akbar Khan and place the 2 rupees on Eldred Pottinger

Save's up.

Tamas

Hey where did the Russian army I placed as garrison go?!

Solmyr

Tamas

The Panjdeh Oasis continues to be a main hub of commerce, while Hajj Mirza Aghasi has been rumoured to be meeting with foreign agents

I use the Commerce action of my Pandjeh Oasis card to get 2 rupees off the Karakul Sheep card.
Then I take Hajj Mirza Aghasi into my hand by placing 2 rupees on Baluchi Smugglers

Solmyr

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on January 25, 2017, 05:13:34 AM

Reading the posts that have been made in this thread will work wonders.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on January 25, 2017, 09:49:38 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 25, 2017, 05:13:34 AM

Reading the posts that have been made in this thread will work wonders.

:p I did, I just somehow missed it the first time

Berkut

Action 1: Buy the Baluchi Smugglers Card for zero times two, which comes out to zero. Taking those two Rupees on the card.
Action 2: Use the travel actions, and send 1 intelligence officer to check out the situatin in Pandjeb Oasis, and the other to discuss matters with Mr. Faranhi.

The Pandjeb agent will be spying for Russia.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Solmyr

Rumor has it that British Army of the Indus has been building up for a march north. Meanwhile, the Prime Minister of Persia sends spies to monitor Russian-sponsored activities in the region.

1. Purchase Boland Pass for zero rupees.
2. Use Travel action to move 1 spy 2 spaces to Bala Hisar and 1 spy 1 space to Bandits.

Also, we got a Topple card. I believe currently the Russian Empire is supreme and Habbaku has the most influence in it (due to having the favor card). So unless something changes, he will win if the card is purchased.

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on January 26, 2017, 12:00:05 PM
Also, we got a Topple card. I believe currently the Russian Empire is supreme and Habbaku has the most influence in it (due to having the favor card). So unless something changes, he will win if the card is purchased.

Alas, not quite correct--Berkut should have the Russian Favor card now since he has 2 Russian influence (1 natural, 1 from spying on Panjdeh Oasis) to my one.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien