News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2017 Fitness Thread

Started by mongers, December 21, 2016, 02:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

I'm hitting 15,000 steps a day more often than not. I've still been crappy about tracking my food and tracking my meds,  but blood sugar is maintaining for now. It won't last, so I really have to get better at this.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Liep

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 19, 2017, 08:01:30 PM
You wear goggles when you ride? :nerd:

To avoid wind, loose rocks and pointy branches. A necessity for off road
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 19, 2017, 08:01:30 PM
You wear goggles when you ride? :nerd:

What Liep said.

And I use then on normal roads too, because it would be daft to lose an eye from a stone or debris kicked up by a passing vehicle just for the sake of  not wearing $5-10 safety* glasses.

Also a bee/larger insect hitting your eye at 30mph hurts.  :(

* I use clear ones from the builders merchants that are certified to protect against things like nails from nail-guns etc.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on August 20, 2017, 07:14:03 AM

:yes:

A huge dragonfly went kamikaze on me a few weeks ago. I moved my head down just in time to have it hit my helmet.
Quite an impact, I was going about 40 kph. The yellow goo dripping from my helmet wasn't that pleasant either.   :x

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on August 20, 2017, 11:55:19 AM
Quote from: mongers on August 20, 2017, 07:14:03 AM

:yes:

A huge dragonfly went kamikaze on me a few weeks ago. I moved my head down just in time to have it hit my helmet.
Quite an impact, I was going about 40 kph. The yellow goo dripping from my helmet wasn't that pleasant either.   :x

:lol:

Personally after a couple of days off, I'm nearly back to normal, did 20 miles yesterday evening to see and friend, I was fine, good way to get back into the saddle, metaphorically and actually.   :bowler:

Gups

Quote from: Maladict on August 20, 2017, 11:55:19 AM

The yellow goo dripping from my helmet wasn't that pleasant either.   :x

You wanna see a doc about that mate. Should be a creamy white.

mongers

Damn, what a bunch of lazy lard arses:

Middle-aged told to walk faster

By Nick Triggle   24 August 2017

Middle-aged people are being urged to walk faster to help stay healthy, amid concern high levels of inactivity may be harming their health.

Officials at Public Health England said the amount of activity people did started to tail off from the age of 40.

They are urging those between the ages of 40 and 60 to start doing regular brisk walks.

Just 10 minutes a day could have a major impact, reducing the risk of early death by 15%, they say.

But PHE estimates four out of every 10 40- to 60-year-olds do not even manage a brisk 10-minute walk each month.

:blink:

Full article here:
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-41030630

merithyn

I walked enough today for 20 lard asses. :D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Liep

Quote from: mongers on September 09, 2017, 04:07:13 PM
Anyone doing anything? :unsure:

I've got some pain my leg so it set back my training a bit, still on course to finish the half Marathon next Sunday though, but the sub two hour result is unrealistic now.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

alfred russel

Quote from: Liep on September 09, 2017, 04:36:15 PM

I've got some pain my leg so it set back my training a bit, still on course to finish the half Marathon next Sunday though, but the sub two hour result is unrealistic now.

:huh: Liep, you were well on your way. Are you sure there isn't a way to gut it out?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

:cool:

Liep

Quote from: alfred russel on September 09, 2017, 04:55:28 PM

:huh: Liep, you were well on your way. Are you sure there isn't a way to gut it out?

Sure, I'll go for a pace of 5:30 and see what happens. It gets better the warmer my leg is, so I'm hoping the Danish autumn won't be too brutal.