News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Guild Wars 2 Roll Call

Started by Martinus, August 13, 2012, 08:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

GW2 will be 50% off, 20$ starting Wednesday for the week.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

I just can't help thinking GW2's business model just dried out. There just isn't enough interesting things to do and while the living world is interesting in theory, I at least would like to see bigger, XP-style changes and new content.

Grey Fox

What do you mean by interesting things to do? What is it missing?

frunk

They created a fantastic open world environment and some interesting different classes.  Now they have all but declared that they won't be doing expansions (even though I'd be more than happy to throw more money at them if they did) and most of the new content is this weird hybrid between multi-player and classic single player that doesn't work very well for either one (too easy for coordinated teams, too difficult for pickup groups).

If you want to give it a try, do so.  It's tremendously fun and there's no monthly fee.  I've burned out on it though, and they aren't releasing anything new that's pulling me back in.

sbr

Yep.  I loved the game.  I probably put close to 2,000 hours into it, but I don't find the Living Story stuff that interesting and I never got into the Structured PvP (but did enjoy WvW) so I ran out of things to do.  I wish they would release an expansion pack type addition, but that does not seem to be their plan, which is fine.

I still have it installed, and think about going back every couple of weeks, but every time I do I just run in circles for a few minutes while chatting with friends, then log back out.

I highly recommend the game, but it does have an expiration date.  I more than got my moneys worth though so i will never complain.

Grey Fox

Expiration date are fine, imo. Only Civ (and wow apparently) should last forever.

frunk

So they did announce an expansion.  There's some interesting elements, but I'm disappointed they aren't planning to add a new race or new types of weapons.  There is a new profession, new maps and existing professions will be able to use previously unavailable weapons.  I'm hoping the new maps will not just be level 80 though, I'd like to level a character through new areas.

Syt

Well, I wanted to go back for a bit, but it appears my password isn't working. I went through all my usual passwords, but none works.

I wanted to do a reset, but they need both my character name (which I can't recall) and my serial code. I bought the game 04/08/2012 according to PayPal, and while I have the confirmation email from Slitherine for a different game I bought that day, I don't have the GW2 one. So I guess I'm locked out of my account for good.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

Ok, I'm in on the expansion.  Too bad they didn't make these changes years ago.

Combat Changes: DoTs and Dashes

Syt

GW2 base game is going free. The expansion still costs full price.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Martinus

I am back to this game, so if anyone still plays it, drop me a line.

frunk

I picked up the two expansions a while back when they had a half price sale, and have been playing a bit each day with my daughter.  The mounts from the second expansion are an awesome addition and add a lot to the game.  I've only gotten the Raptor and Springer so far, but they both make running around a map tremendous fun.

I also like that they are account bound rather than character, so I just need one character to get the mounts and they are available for everybody.