Truck plows into Berlin Christmas market

Started by Maladict, December 19, 2016, 03:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tamas on December 21, 2016, 10:08:18 AM
I am sorry but my suspension of disbelief over dropped ID cards is getting harder and harder to maintain.

Well, they are very uneducated types, prizing their tracksuits and sneakers over anything else, brainwashed, who have trouble speaking correctly the language of the country they were born in, if they are second or third generation, so it's possible.
OTOH, could be a false or stolen ID.

Delirium

Quote from: Malicious Intent on December 20, 2016, 04:17:12 AM
Quote from: Delirium on December 20, 2016, 03:18:50 AM
Disregarding the fact that the civilized world does not have a single way of thinking, what if he is right?
Right with what?

Quote from: Tamas on December 20, 2016, 07:08:27 AM
Hungarian police is introducing such security measures (police presence on all Christmas markets, making truck traffic more restricted etc) as if the attack happened there.

Very prudent of them: latest polls showed that with the national referendum on "forced immigration" over, corruption has been movin up steadily on the list of people's concerns.
This ought to restore proper priorities!

Who is to say who is more narrow-minded, or populistic: the aloof western liberal who sneers sarcastically at all anti-terror policy news as "taking advantage of the situation"; or the right wing asshole who demands tougher policies against terrorists?

Our black and world sometimes is not I think.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on December 21, 2016, 10:08:18 AM
I am sorry but my suspension of disbelief over dropped ID cards is getting harder and harder to maintain.

Stupid people do stupid things every day, what makes you think stupid terrorists are any smarter?

celedhring

My ID card only leaves my wallet once in a blue moon, I can't think this has been "dropped" accidentally. Whether it's stolen or the guy wanted to reveal his identity for whatever nefarious reason, I don't know.

Valmy

Professional drivers often have their ID displayed inside their vehicle. It might have been one of those kinds of things.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Delirium on December 21, 2016, 10:45:47 AM
Disregarding the fact that the civilized world does not have a single way of thinking, what if he is right?
Right with what?

Hungarian police is introducing such security measures (police presence on all Christmas markets, making truck traffic more restricted etc) as if the attack happened there.

Very prudent of them: latest polls showed that with the national referendum on "forced immigration" over, corruption has been movin up steadily on the list of people's concerns.

Who is to say who is more narrow-minded, or populistic: the aloof western liberal who sneers sarcastically at all anti-terror policy news as "taking advantage of the situation"; or the right wing asshole who demands tougher policies against terrorists?

Sure, one can always make up a non existent 'equivalent' position.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on December 21, 2016, 12:13:48 PM
Professional drivers often have their ID displayed inside their vehicle. It might have been one of those kinds of things.

You mean the Polish driver's ID? Who then stabbed and shot himself while driving to make it seem like the terrorist got away? Intriguing.  :hmm:

Zanza

The suspect is a known "Gefährder" (hard to translate - dangerous person or so, roughly 500 persons in Germany with that classification) with contacts in Salafist circles especially Abu Waala, the alleged "head" of Islamic State in Germany - who was arrested a few weeks ago. The suspect had been in contact with other Islamists concerning buying large caliber rifles and the domestic intelligence agency had reported him for that. He was also scheduled for deportation, but the paperwork from Tunesia only arrived in Germany today. He had been arrested for deportation before, but it is unclear why they let him go again.

So if it's a stolen ID card, someone took great care to pick a person that perfectly fits the scheme.

A fair question is why the police let him get away from observation.

derspiess

Quote from: Maladict on December 21, 2016, 12:18:10 PM

You mean the Polish driver's ID? Who then stabbed and shot himself while driving to make it seem like the terrorist got away? Intriguing.  :hmm:

That's how they started WWII.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Maladict on December 21, 2016, 12:18:10 PM

Or, you know, maybe not.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

The police have secured DNA? What a sick fuck. :x
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Delirium

Quote from: garbon on December 21, 2016, 12:16:59 PM

Sure, one can always make up a non existent 'equivalent' position.

If you want to do that, go ahead. Meanwhile, the position I described is thriving.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

crazy canuck

Right with what?

You think that pointing out that the vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists is a populist position to take in Europe at the moment?

MadImmortalMan

Things are getting pretty messed up in Europe atm from the looks of it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers