CIA: Senate briefed in September on Russian efforts to deliver a Trump victory

Started by CountDeMoney, December 09, 2016, 09:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Yeah, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he sure ain't making it easy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 11, 2016, 09:41:42 AM
Yeah, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he sure ain't making it easy.

:lol:  What benefit of the doubt? After all this time?  What is this, the bunker scene?  That artillery just has to be ours going out? :lol:

Eddie Teach

alfred russel

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 11, 2016, 10:13:48 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 11, 2016, 09:47:36 AM
What is this, the bunker scene?

He hasn't even invaded Austria yet, let alone Poland.

Had the previous iteration called it a day after invading france it might have all worked out, and lets just say that this version seems less likely  to invade Russia.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

QuoteTrump also denied the importance of receiving the daily intelligence briefing, a tradition for presidents and presidents-elect. He has received the briefings only sporadically since winning the election.

"I get it when I need it," he said. "I'm, like, a smart person. I don't have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years."

Translation:  Because America would rather have an illiterate and ignorant white man in charge instead of an educated woman--and payback for a nigger that could sign his own name and didn't know his place.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Dunno, they cut off his quote, where he said maybe,  so it's a "maybe".  Told voters in Louisiana on Friday he didn't need their votes anymore, except maybe in 4 years, maybe. So who knows.  He certainly doesn't.

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 11, 2016, 05:55:34 AM
The fact that Reid thinks Trump conspired with Russia is :bleeding: worthy whether he's wrong or not.

The fact that you would twist Reid's words into "Trump conspired with Russia" is :bleeding: worthy whether Reid is wrong or not.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 09, 2016, 10:25:11 PM
So what's worse?

1) That Russia wasn't just acting in a mischievous manner to "sow doubt" in the entire process as a LOLmindfuck troll, but worked specifically for one candidate to win and the other to lose
2) That not only did Senate leadership know what was happening but they refused to do tell the American public, to the point that if we did find out, they would dismiss it as "an act of partisan politics"
3) That after 8 years, Obama still doesn't learn the lesson, and once again placed his faith in "bipartisanship" and gets bit in the ass
#3.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: grumbler on December 11, 2016, 03:06:52 PM
The fact that Reid thinks Trump conspired with Russia is :bleeding: worthy whether he's wrong or not.

The fact that you would twist Reid's words into "Trump conspired with Russia" is :bleeding: worthy whether Reid is wrong or not.

Ok, how does our resident sage interpret "explosive information about close ties and coordination"?

Solmyr

CIA complaining about a foreign intelligence agency installing a right-wing dictator: priceless. :P

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 11, 2016, 03:56:46 PM
Quote from: grumbler on December 11, 2016, 03:06:52 PM

Ok, how does our resident sage interpret "explosive information about close ties and coordination"?

Unlike our more gullible residents, I certainly don't interpret it as a secret plan by that group to do something unlawful.  What is explosive is probably the extent to which Trump and his coterie are indebted to Russian (and other foreign) banks.  That may well be what Trump is hiding in his tax returns.  But being indebted isn't illegal.

Reid is right about Comey fiddling with the election for partisan purposes, though.  Comey may have had a good reputation coming into office, but his naked animus for HRC has robbed him of any semblance of professionalism.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

I agree with the Weegro.  Harry shouldn't have put coordinate in that letter.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 11, 2016, 05:44:14 PM
I agree with the Weegro.  Harry shouldn't have put coordinate in that letter.

I'm open to being convinced.  Why not?

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Why is it :bleeding: worthy if he's not wrong?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point