CIA: Senate briefed in September on Russian efforts to deliver a Trump victory

Started by CountDeMoney, December 09, 2016, 09:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: LaCroix on December 10, 2016, 12:43:38 PM
she should have owned up

To what?  Her connection to a Satanic Pizza parlor?  People want unapologetic dishonesty.  Saying "I'm sorry", or "I was wrong" only tells people that you did, in fact, do something wrong.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on December 10, 2016, 02:25:19 PM
she should have owned up

Disagree.  She should have doubled down on the lying.  Trump did that, and that was the secret to his success.

Clinton lost because she believed that the truth mattered.

I think that pretty much succinctly sums up the 2016 shit show.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

LaCroix

Quote from: grumbler on December 10, 2016, 02:25:19 PM
she should have owned up

Disagree.  She should have doubled down on the lying.  Trump did that, and that was the secret to his success.

Clinton lost because she believed that the truth mattered.

just because a strategy for one person doesn't mean it would have worked for everyone. I don't think hillary could have so easily and casually flaunted the truth

plus, no one wants to see a lying, calculated woman. what worked for trump doesn't necessarily work for hillary

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on December 10, 2016, 02:39:22 PM
she should have owned up

To what?  Her connection to a Satanic Pizza parlor?  People want unapologetic dishonesty.  Saying "I'm sorry", or "I was wrong" only tells people that you did, in fact, do something wrong.

The kind of voters Hillary needed were not that type.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

The woman's been typecast as a liar for a generation.  Done and done.

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 10, 2016, 06:37:50 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 10, 2016, 02:39:22 PM
she should have owned up

The kind of voters Hillary needed were not that type.

What other people are there?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

LaCroix

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 10, 2016, 06:13:07 PM
So sex change operation

Then lie

you're the one who kept talking about how bad of a liar hillary is and how it's not her thing, whereas trump excels at it. I thought that was a pretty good observation.

LaCroix

are all these posts saying lying = victory actually serious?? that's such a poor takeaway from the election

Razgovory

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on December 10, 2016, 08:19:42 PM
Hip plus Flynn is a POS to boot.

As important as Mattis would be in keeping that conspiracy nuthouse in order, he's not going to be in a position to outflank Flynn.  Crazy is going to win those battles.

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on December 10, 2016, 07:29:56 PM
are all these posts saying lying = victory actually serious?? that's such a poor takeaway from the election

Of course they were serious.  Bigly serious. She needed to hoard the truth and carelessly handed it out, instead.  So sad.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive