Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

What a way to go. :(

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31720537/ns/world_news-americas/
Quote2 Mexican midget wrestlers drugged to death
Female robbers suspected in slayings of 'Little Death' and 'Espectrito Jr.'

AP
updated 6:07 a.m. ET, Fri., July 3, 2009

MEXICO CITY - Mexican authorities say two professional wrestlers found dead in a low-rent hotel in the capital may have been drugged to death by female robbers.

Autopsies are being performed on the two midget wrestlers, one of whom went by the name "La Parkita" — or "Little Death" — and wore a skeleton costume in the ring. The other was known as "Espectrito Jr."

Authorities say two women were seen leaving the men's hotel room before the bodies were discovered.

Prosecutor Miguel Angel Mancera said Wednesday that gangs of female robbers are experienced at using drugs to knock men out and rob them, but they may have used too strong a dose.

That may have been because of the wrestlers' small stature, although larger men have also died in similar crimes.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

I remember a wrestler from a ways back called La Parka, who wore a skeleton suit.  He would always hit people with chairs.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

BuddhaRhubarb

:p

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on July 03, 2009, 12:12:34 PM
I think I've seen this David Lynch Movie.

I was going to say:

I think I've seen this Coen Bros. movie.  :mad:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Josephus on July 03, 2009, 01:07:31 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on July 03, 2009, 12:12:34 PM
I think I've seen this David Lynch Movie.

I was going to say:

I think I've seen this Coen Bros. movie.  :mad:

Would also have been funny but in a different way.

Martinus

At first I thought that it sounds like a Quentin Tarantino movie.

Then I thought that if I ever get bored, it would be cool to have a "party game" consisting of coming up with "press headlines" to sum up movies by, say, Tarantino, the Cohen brothers or Jarmusch.  :P

BuddhaRhubarb

In University we used to do charades... where a player (or a pair if there were lots of players) acted (silently) a scene from a famous movie, and us Cineastes would have to guess the movie being depicted. Lots of fun.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"