News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Greg Lake...another 2016 victim

Started by Josephus, December 08, 2016, 09:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

2016 has taken another rock star, Greg Lake of King Crimson and ELP. (That's 2/3rds of ELP that have died this year).

:mad:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on December 08, 2016, 09:35:44 AM
2016 has taken another rock star, Greg Lake of King Crimson and ELP. (That's 2/3rds of ELP that have died this year).

:mad:

Damn.   :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

My mom used to sing me "In the court of the Crimson King" as a lullaby when I was a child. RIP  :(

Makes me regret I couldn't get tickets for the Crimson gig in Barcelona last week, although Lake hasn't played with them in decades. Fripp is bound to drop soon, too  :glare:

Josephus

That's a really fucked up lullaby for a kid.

Though your mom's pretty cool
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on December 08, 2016, 03:18:04 PM
That's a really fucked up lullaby for a kid.

Though your mom's pretty cool

I did think it was a rather cool anecdote; guess it makes our Celedhring bout 45?  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"