Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 12, 2016, 05:22:55 PM
It's sold out, and fuck you.

QuoteNES Classic sells out everywhere, crashes Amazon
THE CHRONICLE HERALD
Published November 12, 2016 - 2:04pm
Last Updated November 12, 2016 - 2:23pm

If you were hoping to snag one of the first NES Classics as a retro Christmas gift to yourself or a friend, you can join the mass disappoint in Nintendo being voiced across social media platforms today.

This miniature version of the original Nintendo Entertainment System — that comes with one controller and 30 pre-installed games at a ridiculously cheap price tag of about $60— sold out in every store and then proceeded to crash Amazon's website.

Nintendo Switch is set to be released in March 2017, but the Internet is coming down hard on Nintendo for not anticipating the high demand for this low priced nostalgia, which begs the question of whether or not a similar situation will occur come spring.

Nintendo of  America (@nintendoamerica) announced on Twitter "there will be a steady flow of additional systems through the holiday shopping season and into the new year." All frustrations aside, when something can't be kept on shelves or crashes websites it most definitely creates a buzz.

As a member of the 8-bit generation that had no other choice, all these retro-hipster fucktards that weren't even born that want to forsake the technological marvels of today's gaming for the condescending embrace of yesteryear can all kiss my ass. 
NEVER GO BACK

Sorry, bitch, but NES was basically the first console that people of my generation had experience with (we weren't old enough for anything else), so so-called hipsters are just revelling in childhood nostalgia. You know that sort of crap your generation has been wallowing in for a while now?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I don't think the NES really registered much in the UK. In the 80s it was all about Spectrums, Commodores, etc...
I recall when I was a kid knowing one or two people with Master Systems but I only ever saw a NES in shops.
It wasn't until Sonic and the Mega Drive that consoles really took off.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Didn't have a NES and neither did my friends. My 80s was more Spectrum and C64, and later Atari ST. I did encounter consoles (Atari 2600 and I guess NES), but rarely.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

For the price of 1 modern console game you game you get 30, of which probably half of which are still better and more playable than much of what gets released today.  Also supposedly the emulation is superior. 

And it's from the 1980s, that great gilded age when Donald Trump was still a successful businessman and didn't have to beg people to get a government job or sing for his supper in the white people equivalent of a minstrel show (reality TV)
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson