2017 impeachment - because it's never too early

Started by DGuller, November 11, 2016, 10:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

One issue that hasn't been addressed is Hillary's looks.  Maybe a woman of Hillary's age is just too unattractive to win national office.

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on November 15, 2016, 04:00:18 PM
Quote from: celedhring on November 15, 2016, 03:47:50 PM
I personally will file the "the Clintons didn't allow any democrat to shine for 8 years so there wasn't another Obama" alongside the "the Clintons killed Vince Foster" folder and the "Hillary is a sexual pawn of Huma Abedin who's actually an Al-Qaeda plant" folder.

There are more simpler reasons for the weakness of the Dem field this year. And yes, not wanting to run against the Dem establishment favorite was a strong one, without needing to imagine vast Clinton conspiracies to keep everybody else down.

Let me run this by you and tell me what you think: "Few potential Democrat primary candidates wanted to run against the Clinton machine."
that's not the same as an active conspiracy by the Clintons to squash any kind of opposition as far back as 8 years ago.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 15, 2016, 04:15:04 PM
One issue that hasn't been addressed is Hillary's looks.  Maybe a woman of Hillary's age is just too unattractive to win national office.

;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I personally will file the "the Clintons didn't allow any democrat to shine for 8 years so there wasn't another Obama" alongside the "the Clintons killed Vince Foster" folder and the "Hillary is a sexual pawn of Huma Abedin who's actually an Al-Qaeda plant" folder.

There are more simpler reasons for the weakness of the Dem field this year. And yes, not wanting to run against the Dem establishment favorite was a strong one, without needing to imagine vast Clinton conspiracies to keep everybody else down.

Let me run this by you and tell me what you think: "Few potential Democrat primary candidates wanted to run against the Clinton machine."

The Clinton Machine runs on Kerosene and uses a Intel 80486.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Razgovory on November 15, 2016, 04:41:02 PM

I.e. its rock solid reliable and doesn't crash, but has a habit of giving off nasty fumes.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on November 15, 2016, 04:41:02 PM

How did you get the technical specs on Hillary's email server?????
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on November 15, 2016, 08:49:33 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 15, 2016, 04:42:29 AM
I never supported Trump either. Saying that Trump is not the Antichrist incarnate to a bunch of morons perceiving the world as a Manichean struggle is not the same as supporting him.

I don't think Trump is the Antichrist incarnate.

I do.  It would explain the voter turnout.  Everybody who was going to get raptured was on November 7th.  It's just that the bulk of them happened to lean Democrat.  THANKS YHWH
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

Quote from: Ideologue on November 15, 2016, 05:35:06 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 15, 2016, 08:49:33 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 15, 2016, 04:42:29 AM
I never supported Trump either. Saying that Trump is not the Antichrist incarnate to a bunch of morons perceiving the world as a Manichean struggle is not the same as supporting him.

I don't think Trump is the Antichrist incarnate.

I do.  It would explain the voter turnout.  Everybody who was going to get raptured was on November 7th.  It's just that the bulk of them happened to lean Democrat.  THANKS YHWH

Ok, you are trying to get me to support him. Is that it?

Ideologue

Quote from: Zanza on November 15, 2016, 03:37:07 PM
Occam's razor suggests that a candidate that wins in a democratic election wins because he is more popular among the electorate.

I think Donald Trump's victory shows that clearly.

Does it?  Run those numbers again, bud.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on November 15, 2016, 04:13:05 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 15, 2016, 04:05:57 PM
See you would always say things about the " Clinton Machine" and make her sound amazing and powerful. But she couldn't even beat Donald Trump and just barely beat an elderly commie. Some "machine".

She just happened to be a terrible candidate.  The Machine only gets you so far :P

Should have run Bill.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Ideologue on November 15, 2016, 05:36:52 PM
Quote from: Zanza on November 15, 2016, 03:37:07 PM
Occam's razor suggests that a candidate that wins in a democratic election wins because he is more popular among the electorate.

I think Donald Trump's victory shows that clearly.

Does it?  Run those numbers again, bud.

What the hell are you talking about?

Ideologue

...Do you, commentator on America, not actually know how our dumbassed electoral system works?

Or is it--and we all know this is the likeliest answer--you've convinced yourself you're some kind of "centrist" who takes shots at people to your left and right, and you know exactly what I'm talking about: namely, that the greater number of votes cast for Clinton versus Trump, meaning that Trump's victory doesn't show anything about his popularity, except he was (marginally) more popular in a few particular states.

Obviously, I don't like mentioning this all the time, but it's important to remember that he won by a peculiarity of our system.  He has no mandate.
Kinemalogue

Martinus

Are you making a reference to Hillary winning the popular vote?

If so, this is totally bogus. The rules were clear. Trump played by these rules - and to these rules - to get the most electoral votes. That is why he campaigned in the battleground states. If the election was decided by the popular vote, both he and Hillary would focus on the most populous states. Only an idiot doesn't see that.

Admiral Yi

Perhaps you should read the post Ide was responding to.