And we're back!

Main Menu

The Photography thread

Started by Maladict, July 05, 2016, 02:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on November 21, 2016, 12:07:00 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on November 21, 2016, 11:39:48 AM
I'm thinking of downloading some pictures of mountains I've climbed to put into a panel series of pictures to hang in my place. Maybe each picture around 10 in (25cm) x 10 in.

Is there a guideline of how good the online picture quality should be so that the pictures come out well?

A wiki article, something along the lines of print quality/resolution or printing?

I think either one. I'm clueless on this stuff.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

katmai

You are going to want at least 300dpi quality. take a look at the size of pics is on your camera to see if the will suffice.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

alfred russel

Quote from: katmai on November 21, 2016, 12:58:13 PM
You are going to want at least 300dpi quality. take a look at the size of pics is on your camera to see if the will suffice.

Thanks Katmai. Everything I've downloaded seems to be 96 dpi - vertical and horizontal. Is there a size that resolution would be adequate for?

I'm not aiming for stunning photography as much as conversation pieces - but of course I want the pictures to look good.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Zanza

If a picture has a sufficient amount of pixels, you can change from 96 to 300 dpi with a graphics program without problems.