Your long national nightmare has just begun

Started by CountDeMoney, November 09, 2016, 07:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on November 10, 2016, 09:43:11 AM
Quote from: Tamas on November 10, 2016, 09:19:19 AM
Needless to say the Hungarian government and their supporters are very happy with the US election result. They were given all kinds of crap by the Democrats-led US and now certain that's over and they will get support from Trump, who is their kind.

A German site joked that right-wing populaists throughout Europe suddenly and miraculously were cured of their Anti-Americanism.

well that is no joke. I mean, not universally, of course, but the amount of sudden syrupy love for America and the glee over the dawn a new, better, peaceful era (mostly by American stepping out of the way of Righteous Russia), is really nauseating.

Fuck these people.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

A German site joked that right-wing populaists throughout Europe suddenly and miraculously were cured of their Anti-Americanism.

How about the flip side of that-- will Euro leftists rediscover their anti-American roots?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tamas

Quote from: derspiess on November 10, 2016, 09:51:01 AM

How about the flip side of that-- will Euro leftists rediscover their anti-American roots?

:huh: They have never forgotten them.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on November 10, 2016, 09:51:55 AM
:huh: They have never forgotten them.

Spicey was ok with it so long as it was anti-Obama so he didn't notice :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on November 10, 2016, 09:24:51 AM
It is if you're looking from Europe.

I guess everywhere on the globe is westerly from someplace :hmm:

But that would confirm my worst fears.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Lettow77 on November 10, 2016, 07:24:59 AM
I hope Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III gets suitably lavish spoils for his staunch loyalty from the early hours of the Trump campaign.

Watching Lettow extol the "southern" virtues of a loudmouth New York City Yankee capitalist is almost worth the price of a Trump presidency.

Donald J Trump - the Fernando Wood of the 21st century.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 10, 2016, 10:29:07 AM
Quote from: Lettow77 on November 10, 2016, 07:24:59 AM
I hope Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III gets suitably lavish spoils for his staunch loyalty from the early hours of the Trump campaign.

Watching Lettow extol the "southern" virtues of a loudmouth New York City Yankee capitalist is almost worth the price of a Trump presidency.

I know. One who Wisconsin and Michigan supported. This seems to point to just how little difference there is between yankees and southerners.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martinus on November 10, 2016, 04:37:22 AM
Say, unless I am alt-right I have to believe outlandish unbelievable reports?

What was the outlandlish unbelievable report?

My first reaction on seeing that list was that its probably the kind of stuff that happens all the time, it's just attracting notice now because of the timing and the link to the election.  Guess you see things differently from you clear perspective on American life.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on November 10, 2016, 10:30:59 AM
I know. One who Wisconsin and Michigan supported. This seems to point to just how little difference there is between yankees and southerners.
The great divide isn't between north and south.  It's between rural areas and urban ones, with the suburbs/exurbs as the battleground areas.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on November 10, 2016, 10:33:05 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 10, 2016, 10:30:59 AM
The great divide isn't between north and south.  It's between rural areas and urban ones, with the suburbs/exurbs as the battleground areas.

I know that and you know that. Lettow thinks it is sectional. Or, rather, really wants to think that.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on November 10, 2016, 10:34:25 AM
I know that and you know that. Lettow thinks it is sectional. Or, rather, really wants to think that.
I don't think he really does.  Lettow is smarter than we give him credit for.  He just has a role he is expected to play around here and is more than happy to oblige.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Lettow77

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 10, 2016, 10:29:07 AM

What? I've never done such a thing and will not. I had to look up what I said here-
QuoteDespite serious misgivings, after tonight I'll support Donald Trump's nomination and bid for the presidency. He carried North Carolina; today, that was for me the only state of any significance, deciding as it did whether I must support Trump or could remain neutral. But he has carried the solid South in its entirety, and is clearly the choice white Southerners have made. That he is the candidate who will make anime real is just the salving garnish that eases the pain of supporting such an unprincipled and unpleasant man.

I would prefer it could've been Carson, whose comfy combination of incompetence and benevolence might have gone some ways to healing the racial rift that plagues the South, but Carson has endorsed the arrogant yankee billionaire. It is enough.

Trump is a loud, vain and unpleasant yankee and I have no fondness for the man at all. I did recently say that the election was a victory for values the South has always stood for- and I stand by that statement.

I would have preferred that Trump's ascendency to the Republican party led to its disintegration and the emergence of a Southern regional party that campaigned for autonomy, racial healing, and preservation of Southern culture.

I merely said in this thread that I was looking forward to whatever spoils renowned patriot Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III could gain from his involvement in the Trump campaign.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 10, 2016, 09:24:22 AM
Quote from: Tamas on November 10, 2016, 09:19:55 AM
That's the same. And stop pretending please, you have been trying to mask your giggling, like a little girl, for two days now. It's way too obvious.

:hug:

Your nipples have been so hard, they've delayed the offensive in Aachen for weeks.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 10, 2016, 11:31:40 AM
Your nipples have been so hard, they've delayed the offensive in Aachen for weeks.

:lol: 

Not at all.  This is a critical time for all Americans to come together and work for a better future-- whether that means working with or against President-Elect Trump (for whom my household did not vote, I'll remind you).  For way too long we've been divided by what are really petty differences.  I've been sick of this stupid culture war for a few years now, and that hasn't ended with my side scoring something of a victory.

That said...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tptxW_ilRWc
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall