What Will Be Your Personal Response to the Trump Ascendancy?

Started by mongers, November 09, 2016, 04:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I expect to continue pretty much the same as I have under the Obama administration.  Can't really see things being much different in my day to day. 

I guess I have a lot of ammo to burn off at the range, since I can't profiteer from it as I expected to.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

He has been elected President so he gets to be President. Nothing really for me to do but wait around until the next time to vote. Same time next year for some local stuff I guess.

I just have to hope that somehow he actually does a good job. If he does a shit job then hopefully his party will suffer in 2018.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

citizen k

Quote from: celedhring on November 09, 2016, 04:08:46 PM
We don't even have our own far-right insurgent movement to worry about. Man, as usual Spain is so behind the times.

Maybe Podemos can broaden their base.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Was thinking about getting married next year and returning home in 2018. Given how poorly the economy is likely to be doing, and the attitude towards immigrants. My plans are now in serious doubt.  :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

sorry for you, that sucks :(

Well, Canada is not as cold as it sounds.  There are some lovely places over here.  Depending on where you live, taxes can go from bad to horrible.  Our head of State lives abroad and our chief of government is a cheerleader, but there's a price to pay to avoid Trumpland!
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 09, 2016, 06:40:35 PM
Was thinking about getting married next year and returning home, the in 2018. Given how poorly the economy is likely to be doing, and the attitude towards immigrants. My plans are now in serious doubt.  :(

You can always stay there if 2018 rolls around and things are as you say.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Participate in the French right and centre primary election.  :frog:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on November 09, 2016, 06:37:52 PM
I'm too busy worrying about british fascists  tbh.
Yeah we've got our own fights to put the bigots back into their caves.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Monoriu

I think it was a mistake to be emotionally invested in elections.  There is no point trying to stop an incoming tsunami.  Observation is good enough.