News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Really weird footage I'm seeing on CBSN.  Protestors walking around the Rotunda (peacefully) with one security guard just watching them.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 06, 2021, 02:31:52 PM
Really weird footage I'm seeing on CBSN.  Protestors walking around the Rotunda (peacefully) with one security guard just watching them.

They're white Republicans. Security isn't gonna shoot them.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Now would be a good time for 25th.  Pence is politically dead anyway, might as well go out a hero.

Syt

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/01/06/dc-protests-trump-rally-live-updates/

QuoteThe latest developments

The Senate stopped its proceedings with Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.) interrupted by an aide who said protesters were in the building. The House doors also were closed. In a notification, the U.S. Capitol Police said no entry or exit is permitted in the buildings within the Capitol Complex. "Stay away from exterior windows, doors. If outside, seek cover," police said.

Capitol Police briefly ordered evacuations of two Capitol campus buildings — the Library of Congress James Madison Memorial Building and the Cannon House Office Building, both just across Independence Avenue from the Capitol. Rep. Elaine Luria (D-Va.), whose office is in the Cannon building, tweeted "I just had to evacuate my office because of a pipe bomb reported outside."

Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump called on members of Congress to reject electoral votes Wednesday that would cement their father's loss. "This isn't their Republican Party anymore," Trump Jr. said of GOP lawmakers who oppose rejecting the votes. "This is Donald Trump's Republican Party." Their father then took the stage to claim he won the election.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

alfred russel

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 06, 2021, 02:29:25 PM
President incited a riot and sent it to terrorize congress.

Not great, Bob.

Nothing says "restoring democracy" like storming the capitol building.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: celedhring on January 06, 2021, 02:37:24 PM
Jubal Early would be proud?

Alas, just like Jubal Early, these folks are too late. :(
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

crazy canuck

Congressional members are "sheltering in place"

This is one of the saddest moments in my life. 

Barrister

And what a shock that those unmarked Bureau of Prisons, other federal police officers, and the National Guard, have not been called out, leaving the Capitol Police all alone out there...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

I did notice one guy waving a Trump Pence lawn sign on a stick.

Memo: not received.

The Brain

Are there any loyal security forces in the area? Or are they all working for the GOP?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

I really didn't believe the coup was actually going to happen.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 06, 2021, 02:39:43 PM
I did notice one guy waving a Trump Pence lawn sign on a stick.

Memo: not received.
Dude, I'm sure the average IQ of people at this thing is probably 80 or less.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Brain on January 06, 2021, 02:40:18 PM
Are there any loyal security forces in the area? Or are they all working for the GOP?

I'm wondering why no DC cops are on scene.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 06, 2021, 02:40:29 PM
I really didn't believe the coup was actually going to happen.

It's not.

These clowns are going to break some shit then leave.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.