News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 20, 2020, 02:59:09 PM
I would say it's probably not constitutional to ban someone doing something called conversion therapy, where they basically try to counsel a child into not being gay. But I think if the person doing the counseling has any sort of state accredited professional certifications, or fraudulently presents themselves as having such, the state could pretty easily regulate that aspect of it.

Agreed and that is what the state scheme does.
The licensed professionals are free to speak about conversion therapy and even make referrals to unlicensed providers.  They just can't conduct such therapy themselves.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Seems to be a widespread GOP opinion. "Words never hurt anyone!" (except when you say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas")
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

The cheeto left the G20 video summit after 2 hours to go golfing.

11B4V

He's basically irrelevant and maybe it showed in their nonverbal body language.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zanza on November 21, 2020, 01:22:00 PM
It may be surprisingly productive then.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I mean it's not like he was overly welcome in previous meetings of the G7 or G20.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 21, 2020, 01:59:58 PM
Quote from: Zanza on November 21, 2020, 01:22:00 PM
It may be surprisingly productive then.

Yeah, my initial thought was that is the best possible action we could hope for from him.

11B4V

I would rather him not do something incredibly stupid. He's going to be bad enough when he's out of office. Like some crazy Ex stalking us.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I think the President might have had a nervous breakdown.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 22, 2020, 01:28:36 AM
Junior tested positive today.

Got diagnosis start of week, only revealed yesterday
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

So, when Trump finally ends up becoming a former prez, what kind of perks will he retain for life? I guess he'll keep some kind of secret service protection, as well as the presidential library and some staff, right?

Tonitrus

The library thing is, I believe, is usually done by private donors...but USSS protection for sure.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on November 22, 2020, 06:48:15 AM
So, when Trump finally ends up becoming a former prez, what kind of perks will he retain for life? I guess he'll keep some kind of secret service protection, as well as the presidential library and some staff, right?

What's going to be in that library? Printouts of his tweets and all the unsold copies of The Art of the Deal?

I also look forward to Barron christening CVN-91 USS Donald Trump.