News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Looking at this map, I guess one question immediately jumps out: what the fuck is this shit?

frunk

Idaho and Utah are invading Wyoming, assuming Colorado's attack on Utah fails.  The whole west coast is heading out to sea, as is Florida and the southern part of Texas.  The northeast is fleeing to Canada and the rest of the country is a mess.

Maladict

Quote from: DGuller on November 07, 2020, 10:26:39 AM
Looking at this map, I guess one question immediately jumps out: what the fuck is this shit?

The wrong kind of map to display this data set.

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on November 07, 2020, 09:48:50 AM
Am I really seeing that we have a Languishite who is just now discovering that the US government contains checks and balances and that checks on a branch's power are WAD?  :huh:

It seems churlish to expect people from other countries to have a robust knowledge of US civics.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

I expect some disgraceful shenangians for the history books until January. But probably mostly outright corruption and indecency and nothing dangerous anymore.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zanza on November 07, 2020, 11:43:07 AM
I expect some disgraceful shenangians for the history books until January. But probably mostly outright corruption and indecency and nothing dangerous anymore.
Yeah him and his appointees are going to absolutely loot the place.
Let's bomb Russia!

Crazy_Ivan80

knock on wood.

just to make sure

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 07, 2020, 11:49:29 AM

Cupper wire removing and everything?  :P

Maladict

Quote from: The Larch on November 07, 2020, 11:55:24 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 07, 2020, 11:49:29 AM

Cupper wire removing and everything?  :P

Putin would prefer those to stay, probably.

Maximus

Quote from: DGuller on November 07, 2020, 10:26:39 AM
It's a two-dimensional vector field with one-dimensional vectors

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2020, 10:36:41 AM
Quote from: grumbler on November 07, 2020, 09:48:50 AM
Am I really seeing that we have a Languishite who is just now discovering that the US government contains checks and balances and that checks on a branch's power are WAD?  :huh:

It seems churlish to expect people from other countries to have a robust knowledge of US civics.

Sure, but most foreign Languishites seem to eat that shit up.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: frunk on November 07, 2020, 10:31:58 AM
Idaho and Utah are invading Wyoming, assuming Colorado's attack on Utah fails.  The whole west coast is heading out to sea, as is Florida and the southern part of Texas.  The northeast is fleeing to Canada and the rest of the country is a mess.

No not the Mormons
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

With countries around the world congratulating Biden, Trump is probably again reminded that once more he managed to bully his way into a position where he was never fully accepted by his peers.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on November 07, 2020, 01:44:13 PM
With countries around the world congratulating Biden, Trump is probably again reminded that once more he managed to bully his way into a position where he was never fully accepted by his peers.
Yeah. This is the thing with his psychology - even after winning the Presidency as an outsider he never felt like he'd made it, he was still needy and still insecure. And now he's been rejected. It's extraordinary.

Edit: And it is, of course, very rare for an elected President to be kicked out after one term.
Let's bomb Russia!