And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on October 08, 2020, 02:47:27 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 08, 2020, 02:44:28 PM
Maybe Trump voters could be controlled like that in some way.

Maybe they already are. :ph34r:

Does that override the Bill Gates chip?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on October 08, 2020, 03:04:06 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 08, 2020, 02:47:27 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 08, 2020, 02:44:28 PM
Maybe Trump voters could be controlled like that in some way.

Maybe they already are. :ph34r:

Does that override the Bill Gates chip?

Only if your bid is Two No Trump or higher.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

merithyn

Quote from: grumbler on October 08, 2020, 02:59:17 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 08, 2020, 02:36:04 PM
Now obviously you have your die-hard MAGA-heads who no, you won't change their mind, but I don't believe 40% of voters are that dedicated.

For a long time, I thought as you do, but eventually the overwhelming evidence to the contrary hanged my mind.  Trump was correct in regards to his folowers; he could murder a man tomorrow and still have 40% of the vote.

He's arguably already murdered over 200,000 people, and has that amount of support, so yeah...

;)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Oexmelin

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 08, 2020, 10:55:07 AM
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/10/08/feds-thwart-militia-plot-kidnap-michigan-gov-gretchen-whitmer/5922301002/

QuoteThe FBI thwarted what they described as a plot to violently overthrow the government and kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and federal prosecutors are expected to discuss the alleged conspiracy later Thursday.

The alleged plot involved reaching out to members of a Michigan militia, according to a federal affidavit filed Thursday.

"Several members talked about murdering 'tyrants' or 'taking' a sitting governor," an FBI agent wrote in the affidavit. "The group decided they needed to increase their numbers and encouraged each other to talk to their neighbors and spread their message."

Insane Right-Wingers: We're gonna overthrow the government.

*Is arrested*

Insane Right-Wingers: We're being OPPRESSED for our BELIEFS.

:hmm:

Que le grand cric me croque !

Valmy

Now obviously you have your die-hard MAGA-heads who no, you won't change their mind, but I don't believe 40% of voters are that dedicated.

I don't know what to tell you man. They do seem to be that dedicated.

Now as I have said repeatedly I think there are some reasons some might find to dislike my party and our leaders and many of our fellow travelers...but this goes beyond holding your nose and voting for doofus-in-chief as the lesser of two evils. A huge percentage seems to believe that he is the savior. I don't get that at all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Two things:

Staff at Walter Reed were forced to sign a confidentially agreement last year when Trump visited the hospital last year.

Trump has been pressuring Bill Barr to indict Biden.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on October 08, 2020, 03:33:40 PM
Now as I have said repeatedly I think there are some reasons some might find to dislike my party and our leaders and many of our fellow travelers...but this goes beyond holding your nose and voting for doofus-in-chief as the lesser of two evils. A huge percentage seems to believe that he is the savior. I don't get that at all.

He tells them what they want to hear, and the medias they read&listen spend more time informing them on how the other medias are hiding things or lying to them (see Fox News's site today, it was all about how ABC was a propaganda machine for the Democrats, barely a word about the debate) than really informing them. 

Plus, lots of people on both sides are willing to forgo democracy to advance their agenda.  But the right wing is much more organized, and much more of a cohesive force the various leftwing groups.  And of course, there's a huge history of racism against blacks in your country, it is mixed with traditions, traditional values, so when someone appeals to that, it resonates for this electorate.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Also:  Trump thinks he's "extremely young".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2020, 03:53:01 PM
Two things:

Staff at Walter Reed were forced to sign a confidentially agreement last year when Trump visited the hospital last year.

Trump has been pressuring Bill Barr to indict Biden.

Don't you need a grand jury to indict somebody?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Sheilbh

I think he had a pretty high floor, but I think some of that was possibly "in normal times" and I wonder if it's starting to collapse after his infection. Because I think before he was theoretically risky and mishandling covid. Now I feel like he's been infected and is behaving in a way that most people just wouldn't - so I think it's becoming harder to ignore Trump's Trumpiness.

Before (and before covid and BLM generally) it was possible to basically say - oh well he mouths off on Twitter, but he's getting good results on the economy etc. I think that's something people would struggle to say/believe at this point.
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 08, 2020, 04:35:46 PM
I think he had a pretty high floor, but I think some of that was possibly "in normal times" and I wonder if it's starting to collapse after his infection. Because I think before he was theoretically risky and mishandling covid. Now I feel like he's been infected and is behaving in a way that most people just wouldn't - so I think it's becoming harder to ignore Trump's Trumpiness.

Before (and before covid and BLM generally) it was possible to basically say - oh well he mouths off on Twitter, but he's getting good results on the economy etc. I think that's something people would struggle to say/believe at this point.

Also worth pointing out that most people just don't pay that close attention to politics.  Now one month out from the election, they are.

And I don't know about anyone else, but in 2016 Trump was at least kind of funny.  He was entertaining.  I don't think anyone is feeling very entertained right now.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

I'd need more tigers jumping out of holes in the arena floor to be entertained.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.