News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

I think it's been amply demonstrated that consistency is neither a desirable goal, nor a legitimate political argument for the current Republicans.
Que le grand cric me croque !

mongers

Ramping up the election fever still further:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump    41m
The World is using our laws to our detriment. They laugh at the Stupidity they see!

It'll be a sad condemnation of a large minority of the US electorate if his tactics work on the 6th.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

frunk

QuoteThey laugh at the Stupidity they see!

I wish I could laugh at the stupidity I see.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: mongers on October 31, 2018, 10:04:45 AM

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump    41m
The World is using our laws to our detriment. They laugh at the Stupidity they see!

You got that part right.

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

FunkMonk

Quote from: mongers on October 31, 2018, 08:50:16 AM

@realDonaldTrump    19m
So-called Birthright Citizenship, which costs our Country billions of dollars and is very unfair to our citizens, will be ended one way or the other. It is not covered by the 14th Amendment because of the words "subject to the jurisdiction thereof." Many legal scholars agree.....

:hmm:

So some U.S. Citizens are more deserving of citizenship than others and are being somehow victimized by these other, unworthy citizens. :hmm:

I don't know which is more appalling: The fact he may not actually believe this but says it anyway to beat the political drum, or that fact that he may actually believe this.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on October 31, 2018, 10:04:45 AM

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump    41m

It'll be a sad condemnation of a large minority of the US electorate if his tactics work on the 6th.

The Republicans have gotten majorities in the past without him, so a large minority means they didn't work so well.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

frunk

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 31, 2018, 10:56:22 AM
So some U.S. Citizens are more deserving of citizenship than others and are being somehow victimized by these other, unworthy citizens. :hmm:

I don't know which is more appalling: The fact he may not actually believe this but says it anyway to beat the political drum, or that fact that he may actually believe this.

Assuming he isn't actually racist means that he's really good at pretending to be a racist who's bad at pretending to not be racist for years and years.  He's not that good an actor.

jimmy olsen

CNN not pulling punches for once. Maybe the attempting bombings have made them finally realize the seriousness of current circumstances.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on October 30, 2018, 10:35:01 AM
I wonder if that's a generational thing. I know my father never liked being called an African-American for exactly that reason while I was never phased by that at all. Just specified/made salient a subtype.

Except that Jewish isn't a subtype of American, and more than Methodist or Catholic is.  I have never heard Saunders refer to herself as a Lutheran-American.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Valmy

I was about to say: if you have ever been to a Lutheran church it sure looks like it is also an ethnicity  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on November 01, 2018, 01:51:32 PM
I was about to say: if you have ever been to a Lutheran church it sure looks like it is also an ethnicity  :lol:

I have not. I've been to a Baptist church once or twice.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on November 01, 2018, 01:31:43 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 30, 2018, 10:35:01 AM
I wonder if that's a generational thing. I know my father never liked being called an African-American for exactly that reason while I was never phased by that at all. Just specified/made salient a subtype.

Except that Jewish isn't a subtype of American, and more than Methodist or Catholic is.  I have never heard Saunders refer to herself as a Lutheran-American.
That's an over-simplification of the Jewish identity.  As far as the question, when I was going to school in the 90ies, we were taught that "Jewish-American" was the correct way to refer Jews.  Then again, there were a lot of hyphenated Americans back then, pretty much everyone other than WASP was one.