What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Quote from: The Brain on July 18, 2018, 04:36:44 PM

Do US authorities have a right to know everything the POTUS says or is said to him?

When he is having official talks with another head of state? I should hope so.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on July 19, 2018, 02:28:41 AM
Doesn't really seem to me that he needed to manipulate anything. He just had to agree to meet with Trump. :hmm:

Yep, let's not go overboard and elevate Putin to superhuman status. Same for Murdoch who seems to be the left's version of George Soros the supervillain

The Brain

Quote from: Maladict on July 19, 2018, 03:40:27 AM

Do US authorities have a right to know everything the POTUS says or is said to him?

When he is having official talks with another head of state? I should hope so.

When those talks are personal and confidential? Seems weird to me, but I don't know US law.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

The whole "checks and balances" thing needs a boost at this point.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on July 19, 2018, 07:51:06 AM

Trump would see that as Eastern European prostitutes and something for weighing cocaine.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Quote from: Malthus on July 19, 2018, 07:51:06 AM

Checks to boost Trump's balance?  :hmm:

crazy canuck

The Larch

Quote from: mongers on July 18, 2018, 05:05:11 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 18, 2018, 04:32:17 PM
So Trump had an interpreter at the closed door session with Putin, if this guy's American and/or within US jurisdiction, then no amount of NDA legalise will protect him from being question by US authorities. Unless translators have some sort of legal privileged position that I've not heard about?

I don't know, but this interpreter could have been witness/party to a  criminal conspiracy.:unsure:

Two congressmen thought something similar:

QuoteAdam Schiff
‏@RepAdamSchiff

BREAKING: @RepSwalwell and I just made a motion in House Intel Committee to subpoena the American interpreter during the summit — the only witness to Trump's meeting with Putin. This is an extraordinary remedy, but Trump's actions necessitate it.

Republicans voted it down.

mongers

Quote from: The Larch on July 19, 2018, 10:56:59 AM
Quote from: mongers on July 18, 2018, 05:05:11 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 18, 2018, 04:32:17 PM
So Trump had an interpreter at the closed door session with Putin, if this guy's American and/or within US jurisdiction, then no amount of NDA legalise will protect him from being question by US authorities. Unless translators have some sort of legal privileged position that I've not heard about?

I don't know, but this interpreter could have been witness/party to a  criminal conspiracy.:unsure:

Two congressmen thought something similar:

QuoteAdam Schiff
‏@RepAdamSchiff

BREAKING: @RepSwalwell and I just made a motion in House Intel Committee to subpoena the American interpreter during the summit — the only witness to Trump's meeting with Putin. This is an extraordinary remedy, but Trump's actions necessitate it.

Republicans voted it down.

And yet politics, my party right or wrong, trumps my country.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Our very stable genius preseident  :lmfao:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/07/watch-trump-realize-the-apprentice-was-about-apprenticeships.html

QuoteTrump Didn't Know The Apprentice Was About Apprenticeships Until Today

By Adam K. Raymond

For 14 seasons, Donald Trump hosted The Apprentice, the reality show that gave millions of Americans the false impression that he is a business genius. But it was only today, July 19, 2018, that he realized what the title of the show meant.

Speaking to a crowd at a White House event called Pledge to America's Workers, Trump came across a line in the prepared text that included the word apprenticeships. Then he went off script: "That's an interesting word for me to be saying, right? The Apprentice. I never actually put that together until just now," he said.

The self-proclaimed "very stable genius" with "one of the highest" IQs then turned to his daughter: "Isn't that strange, Ivanka, I never associated, but here we are."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

CNN quotes a Thursday poll by CBS that 68% of Republicans approve of how Trump handled the summit with Putin.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on July 20, 2018, 08:16:39 AM
CNN quotes a Thursday poll by CBS that 68% of Republicans approve of how Trump handled the summit with Putin.
A drop of 20 percent from their normal approval of him
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: derspiess on July 20, 2018, 08:26:09 AM
:bleeding:

Don't worry. I'm sure it'll be up to at least 75% in time.  :P
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Admiral Yi

Just heard that Poutine is coming to the White House soon.