News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on August 17, 2017, 09:00:48 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 17, 2017, 08:22:07 AM
...the beauty that is being taken out of our cities, towns and parks will be greatly missed and never able to be comparably replaced!

http://prn.library.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/cornell-prn?a=d&d=PRN19800701.2.10&e=-------en-20--1--txt-IN------#

Art deco sounds supciously arts-fartsy liberal crap, unlike the glorious human history of Dixieland.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, the took down the statues in Baltimore overnight without telling anybody.

Probably on their way to Indianapolis.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 17, 2017, 09:35:43 AM

:lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

that reference escapes me... care to explain?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: viper37 on August 17, 2017, 10:15:36 AM

Football. Indianapolis took the Colts franchise.  People from Baltimore still haven't gotten over it. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Jacob

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Jacob on August 17, 2017, 10:29:03 AM
DailyStormer.ru apparently is no more. Seems the Russian authorities aren't super keen on Nazi internet sites either: http://thehill.com/policy/technology/346932-russia-boots-white-supremacist-website-from-its-internet-report

They've got a new host and a new site.

www.whitehouse.gov/veryfinepeople

(it's not quite up yet but the WH thanks you for your interest)
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 17, 2017, 11:17:15 AM
Quote from: Jacob on August 17, 2017, 10:29:03 AM
DailyStormer.ru apparently is no more. Seems the Russian authorities aren't super keen on Nazi internet sites either: http://thehill.com/policy/technology/346932-russia-boots-white-supremacist-website-from-its-internet-report

They've got a new host and a new site.

www.whitehouse.gov/veryfinepeople

(it's not quite up yet but the WH thanks you for your interest)

That's very funny as a 404 error.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 17, 2017, 10:25:23 AM
Quote from: viper37 on August 17, 2017, 10:15:36 AM

Football. Indianapolis took the Colts franchise.  People from Baltimore still haven't gotten over it. 
Ah.  Here I was searching everywhere for some Union army movement in 1864 :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

You can't expect to sway him that the counter protest wasn't violent with anecdotes from counter protesters.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?