News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: The Brain on August 16, 2017, 02:13:31 PM
Why did they move? They think Trump is on the way out?

They lost their hosting, first from GoDaddy then when they tried to move to google, they got shut down there.

Russia - recently a good friend to the alt right and Nazis - is protecting their free speech.

The Brain

Quote from: Jacob on August 16, 2017, 02:19:47 PM

They lost their hosting, first from GoDaddy then when they tried to move to google, they got shut down there.

Russia - recently a good friend to the alt right and Nazis - is protecting their free speech.

Where does free speech enter the picture?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on August 16, 2017, 01:59:02 PM
Yesterday:

QuoteDonald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
For every CEO that drops out of the Manufacturing Council, I have many to take their place. Grandstanders should not have gone on. JOBS!
5:21 PM - Aug 15, 2017

Today:

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both. Thank you all!
7:14 PM - Aug 16, 2017

This is priceless.  He must honestly think everyone's attention span is as limited as his own.

Jacob

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on August 16, 2017, 10:59:07 AM
Quote from: Tamas on August 16, 2017, 10:29:58 AM
But surely you see that wishing for a society where minority opinions are beaten up for speaking out is not exactly democratic, or liberal?

Nazism/racism is not an opinion.

I agree. Society should make it clear to them their views are not acceptable. Their demonstrations should be counter-demoed, individuals should be called out by their fellow men for being the racist fucks they are, etc.

They, however, should not be beaten up by other civilians.

Liep

Hope Hicks, 28!, is the new Mooch. Will she be as entertaining?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on August 16, 2017, 02:46:19 PM
I agree. Society should make it clear to them their views are not acceptable. Their demonstrations should be counter-demoed, individuals should be called out by their fellow men for being the racist fucks they are, etc.

lol

Tamas

Quote from: Jacob on August 16, 2017, 12:25:31 PM
BTW Tamas, I'm still very interested in your take on the Hungarian Guard and how they operate(d) in Hungary. What actions, if any, did (do) they engage in? Is there anyone opposing them? How much tacit approval do they have from the police et. al.?

I guess they still exist? Oh my, if it was a different world.

They were created by Jobbik, and while Jobbik had a fairly big pull for a while, openly supporting the Guard was always a fringe thing for the most rabid.

They marched around, they got banned, they reformed under a slightly different name.

Their biggest actions were to show up in villages where they were called to by fans, and march around on the gypsy-majority streets. But they were always the show-soldiers - most severe incident IIRC was a few stones exchanged with a gypsy family.

All seems so insignificant nowadays but back then, just a few years ago, it was shocking of course. They faced counter protests in Budapest sometimes, and constant scorn from the left-leaning media, but that's all in terms of opposition of course. And of course the government banning them.

Since then, however, Fidesz has become the very edge of the far right, and Jobbik is presently doing a pathetic and desperate move toward the middle, trying to survive, with Fidesz drawing away all their air.

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2017, 02:51:28 PM
Quote from: Tamas on August 16, 2017, 02:46:19 PM

lol

I would like to point out that these far right scum march and intimidate with exactly the same moral reasoning as Jacob and Solmyr would: to protect decent citizens from the cancerous, unacceptable vile that is taking over society.

They are wrong, needless to say, but its enough to make pause when another group wants to raise their hand to protect decent citizens from the cancerous unacceptable vile that is taking over society.

Syt

Quote from: Jacob on August 16, 2017, 02:19:47 PM

Let's hope they don't post swastika or similar symbols. Russian authorities tend to look unkindly on that.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

BTW its interesting to see how the populists' radicalisation of politics is working out.

Here on this forum we have garbon being even more bitchy than usual every time what he considers canon is being referred to disrespectfully, and we have Jacob and Solmyr howling for nazi blood, ready to turn streets into battlefields because of a couple of hundred losers posering in a country of more than 300 million.

Oexmelin

Quote from: Tamas on August 16, 2017, 02:57:54 PM
I would like to point out that these far right scum march and intimidate with exactly the same moral reasoning as Jacob and Solmyr would: to protect decent citizens from the cancerous, unacceptable vile that is taking over society.

The "moral reasoning" may be the same, but the political purpose is quite different. I remain puzzled as to why this should not matter.
Not only that, but this specific demonstration was intended as a show of strength against the removal of a statue, not to protect fellow racists from armed thugs. When Jacob and Solmyr and their friends start advocating the purchase of semi-automatic weapons, and organizing expeditions to walk down the streets of Redneck Central, your point will be stronger.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Tamas

Quote from: Oexmelin on August 16, 2017, 03:04:53 PM
Quote from: Tamas on August 16, 2017, 02:57:54 PM

The "moral reasoning" may be the same, but the political purpose is quite different. I remain puzzled as to why this should not matter.
Not only that, but this specific demonstration was intended as a show of strength against the removal of a statue, not to protect fellow racists from armed thugs. When Jacob and Solmyr and their friends start advocating the purchase of semi-automatic weapons, and organizing expeditions to walk down the streets of Redneck Central, your point will be stronger.

So are you saying that it is ok to have civilians physically attack these people? Instead of relying on the police for this?

Jacob

Quote from: Tamas on August 16, 2017, 02:55:48 PM
I guess they still exist? Oh my, if it was a different world.

They were created by Jobbik, and while Jobbik had a fairly big pull for a while, openly supporting the Guard was always a fringe thing for the most rabid.

They marched around, they got banned, they reformed under a slightly different name.

Their biggest actions were to show up in villages where they were called to by fans, and march around on the gypsy-majority streets. But they were always the show-soldiers - most severe incident IIRC was a few stones exchanged with a gypsy family.

All seems so insignificant nowadays but back then, just a few years ago, it was shocking of course. They faced counter protests in Budapest sometimes, and constant scorn from the left-leaning media, but that's all in terms of opposition of course. And of course the government banning them.

Since then, however, Fidesz has become the very edge of the far right, and Jobbik is presently doing a pathetic and desperate move toward the middle, trying to survive, with Fidesz drawing away all their air.

Ah, the state intervened and banned them. That won't happen in the US, I don't expect.