What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

QuoteDonald J. Trump‏
@realDonaldTrump

A great day at the White House!
3:19 PM - 31 Jul 2017
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 31, 2017, 08:31:28 PM
Mooch beat the record by one day.

Previous holder.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Koehler
QuoteIn 1987, Koehler, who was friends with Ronald Reagan, became the White House Communications Director.[1] However, Koehler resigned after just one week in the White House after it became public that he had been a member of the Deutsches Jungvolk, a Nazi government youth division, when he was just ten years old.

Apparently he was not yet even officially on the post, since he was not scheduled to join the WH staff until the 15th of August. Spicer was meant to stay until then.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Syt on August 01, 2017, 04:01:34 AM
QuoteDonald J. Trump‏
@realDonaldTrump

A great day at the White House!
3:19 PM - 31 Jul 2017

That is sincerely one of my favorite Trump tweets. It is right up there with the Trump Tower taco bowl tweet.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

Yes, fingers up because we are spinning.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Savonarola

Quote from: mongers on July 31, 2017, 06:47:41 PM
But I was really aiming my comment at the 'he'll become presidential and be moderated by the establishment' crowd here.

Well, I don't think I ever said that, but looking at the criteria I posted at his inauguration, (for him to be a mediocre president rather than the awful one I expected), I can see my concerns were either continuation of the issues with the Obama presidency (out of control deficits, foreign policy blunders, humanitarian crises) or public corruption.  I never considered that he'd send out a series of mean tweets about the attorney general or that the communication director would call the chief of staff "Schizophrenic."

I've never watched The Apprentice, though; maybe I should have.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

I feel like watching The Apprentince wouldn't have helped. Then you would have just seen the prequel.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

One weird, explosive lawsuit

QuoteNPR's David Folkenflik reported Tuesday morning on a lawsuit filed by a man named Rod Wheeler that makes a remarkable claim: The Trump White House — or President Trump personally — may have been aware of or involved in a discredited Fox News story about the killing of a Democratic National Committee staffer last July.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, they'v been Benghazing the fuck out of that guy's corpse.  Hannity insisted on driving it into the ground, well after everything to contrary had be proven otherwise.

The Minsky Moment

It's even more sinister - the Russians picked up the story from the darkest dregs of the net, then pushed it through their usual channels (Russia Today, Sputnik, and even the official Twitter feed of the Russian Embassy in London) as an influence operation.  Sure enough, the useful idiots at Fox picked up and ran, validating yet another Russian fake news influence op. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

If Hillary Clinton could have Vince Foster murdered, then who is safe?  Hmmmm?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Yes, that's right:  another interview and why not.

QuoteThe Best Quotes From Trump's Embarrassing Unpublished WSJ Interview
By Adam K. Raymond

Last week, President Trump sat down in the Oval Office with editors and reporters from The Wall Street Journal for a 45-minute interview that produced a few bits of news, including Trump saying "tax the rich people" and declaring months in advance that Iran will be noncompliant with its nuclear deal.

The WSJ published excerpts from the interview, but kept the full transcript under wraps — until now. Tuesday, Politico stepped in and published the transcript, which it says "has circulated around the Journal newsroom as well as among others in New York and Washington."

It's not hard to see why. The interview is full of embarrassing exchanges and the bizarre turns of phrase Trump has made part of the American political lexicon (get ready for a sequel to "no puppet").

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/08/the-best-quotes-from-trumps-embarrassing-wsj-interview.html

On calling the U.K. Britain: "I mean, you don't hear the word Britain anymore. It's very interesting. It's like, nope."

On the future of the British Open if Scotland leaves the U.K.: "One little thing, what would they do with the British Open if they ever got out? They'd no longer have the British Open."

On his astonishment upon learning about the large populations of other countries: "And then you call places like Malaysia, Indonesia, and you say, you know, how many people do you have? And it's pretty amazing how many people they have."

Full transcript of terror here

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.