News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 27, 2017, 07:12:52 PM
He's precisely the kind of New Yawk guido that Trump loves, and will subsequently fire in 6 months.

The kind of bad press he brought the White House this week, and you think he's going to last that long? Forget kissing the ring, he needs to give The Don one hell of a blowjob to get him un-pissed at this point.
Experience bij!

Liep

Anthony Scaramucci @Scaramucci
I made a mistake in trusting in a reporter. It won't happen again.

:hmm:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

DGuller

Quote from: Camerus on July 27, 2017, 07:55:08 PM
Another issue is the extent to which one believes in top-down bureaucratic initiatives as effective (or even  appropriate) means to address inequality of outcomes. The key question to me seems to be, in spite of the wide acknowledgment that racism is inherently evil and that historical injustices continue to play a significant role in inequality of outcomes, what specifically is to be done about it? It strikes me as reasonable to doubt whether many of the attempted remedies (e.g. school busing, affirmative action, etc.) really achieve what they intend or whether the negative effects of such initiatives outweigh the positive.

I'd also say it is singularly unhelpful and misleading to utilize polarizing terms like "white supremacist" society given how polemical and charged such a phrase is in our society, and what those phrases would conjure up for most moderate actors. Even if we redefine it in certain contexts to mean something somewhat different than the popular understanding, it begs the strategic question why use such a loaded term at all, if its user isn't just preaching to the choir, but truly interested in effecting dialogue and achieving progress.
Sometimes you only have two choices:  call out evil or enable it.  I don't think there is anything to be achieved from a dialogue with white supremacists, but there is something to be achieved by marginalizing them.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 27, 2017, 07:56:34 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 27, 2017, 07:12:52 PM
He's precisely the kind of New Yawk guido that Trump loves, and will subsequently fire in 6 months.

The kind of bad press he brought the White House this week, and you think he's going to last that long? Forget kissing the ring, he needs to give The Don one hell of a blowjob to get him un-pissed at this point.

Donald J. Trump has always said bad press is better than no press at all, so he has no problem with the optics; and The Mooch is doing precisely what the Donald wants him to do:  suck 100% of the air out of the cable news daily cycle.  He's the exactly the kind of preening schmoe to do it, too.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Savonarola on July 27, 2017, 06:46:19 PM
And I thought, "Wow, I could never have imagined headlines like this, even a week ago."  Mid-July was a simpler, happier time.

I told you, at the very beginning of this nightmare, we all die by September.  The heat of the long summer will have melted what little restraint is left by then.  The tighter the noose made of Russian cash draws around his neck, the more ferocious the survival instinct will become.  You think the yellow dwarf at the center of our solar system has magnetic strength?  That's nothing compared to when the Orange Giant, which relentlessly pulls everything into its orbit, finally goes supernova.  He will not go quietly, he will not go peacefully, and he will not go alone.

I've made peace with it; you all need to as well.  It's the rest of those who knowingly, willingly enabled this to happen that will have to answer for their complicity.

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Be sure to get that sell order in as early as possible that morning, before the EMP fries the market's systems.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 27, 2017, 08:29:52 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on July 27, 2017, 06:46:19 PM
And I thought, "Wow, I could never have imagined headlines like this, even a week ago."  Mid-July was a simpler, happier time.

I told you, at the very beginning of this nightmare, we all die by September.  The heat of the long summer will have melted what little restraint is left by then.  The tighter the noose made of Russian cash draws around his neck, the more ferocious the survival instinct will become.  You think the yellow dwarf at the center of our solar system has magnetic strength?  That's nothing compared to when the Orange Giant, which relentlessly pulls everything into its orbit, finally goes supernova.  He will not go quietly, he will not go peacefully, and he will not go alone.

I've made peace with it; you all need to as well.  It's the rest of those who knowingly, willingly enabled this to happen that will have to answer for their complicity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg77nG3FaGg
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Monoriu

It is always important to remember not to get worked up by issues that are outside of your control.  Like politics.  The only real option is to stay or leave.  Obtaining a foreign passport is usually a difficult, expensive and time-consuming process.  It maybe time to start looking  :ph34r:

11B4V

Quote from: Monoriu on July 27, 2017, 09:22:45 PM
It is always important to remember not to get worked up by issues that are outside of your control.  Like politics.  The only real option is to stay or leave.  Obtaining a foreign passport is usually a difficult, expensive and time-consuming process.  It maybe time to start looking  :ph34r:

Quitter.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Monoriu

Quote from: 11B4V on July 27, 2017, 09:27:04 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on July 27, 2017, 09:22:45 PM

Quitter.

I never participated to begin with.  We all live on borrowed land, on borrowed time.  If and when it is time to move on, so be it.  The key is to be prepared. 

11B4V

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 27, 2017, 04:58:38 PM
Jesus christ these people run the country

Greatest show on earth. This will be studied for generations.

Oexmelin

Quote from: 11B4V on July 27, 2017, 10:11:58 PM
Greatest show on earth. This will be studied for generations.

Yes, but studied as what?
Que le grand cric me croque !