News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

The moment Donald pardons Don Jr will be the apotheosis of the American republic.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on July 11, 2017, 11:23:19 AM
Quote from: Barrister on July 11, 2017, 11:08:38 AM
So Donald Jr, in order to "get ahead of the story", releases the email chain setting up the Russia meeting.

The money quote: after being explicitly told that this was part of a Russian government effort to help the Trump campaign, Jr. says "if it's what you say I love it".

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/07/11/us/politics/document-Donaldtrumpjr.html

Russia's "Crown Prosecutor"  :huh:

Is the guy writing to Donald Jr. Canadian or something?

Anyhow, how smoking is that gun? I guess the meeting isn't illegal per se, you'd need to establish that some kind of exchange of favors was discussed in it? Not a lawyer.

It just goes, yet again, to show that everything that Team Trump has said can not be trusted.  Numerous people have said that there were no connections between the Russian government and the Trump campaign.  We now know that it wasn't for lack of trying by the Trump campaign.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Yeah, that goes without saying. Just wondering about the actual legal implications.

I'm the first that found really hard to believe that Trump *actively* colluded with the Russkies (always thought it was more the Kremlin just watching the field and then supporting the dude that they thought was more aligned with their interests), but every lie and concealed contact make them look so guilty...

CountDeMoney

I didn't rob the guy at all; I went to go rob him but he wasn't home.  So there. Nyah.

derspiess

I like how she had him thinking she had significant dirt on Hillary.  Fool!  If she knew something she'd have already been dead.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 11, 2017, 12:39:05 PM
I like how she had him thinking she had significant dirt on Hillary.  Fool!  If she knew something she'd have already been dead.

LOLZ LOLZ

Ok actually that was kind of funny.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

I mean, look what happened to Harambe.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on July 11, 2017, 11:08:38 AM
So Donald Jr, in order to "get ahead of the story", releases the email chain setting up the Russia meeting.

The money quote: after being explicitly told that this was part of a Russian government effort to help the Trump campaign, Jr. says "if it's what you say I love it".

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/07/11/us/politics/document-Donaldtrumpjr.html

But... Eh... I... Was he just dropped on his head as a kid or something?  Like for an entire for day?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 11, 2017, 09:05:19 AM
Quote from: derspiess on July 11, 2017, 09:02:26 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on July 10, 2017, 09:14:46 PM
Republicans, please get rid of these clowns now and give us President Pence. Jesus.

:hug: :punk:

REPENCE SINNERS!

In for a pence, in for a pound[ing]. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

I saw a comment - remember how Trump Jr said "If it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer"?  This was said on June 1.

The DNA emails, which were hacked by the Russians and released by Wikileaks, were released July 22.  Sounds like later in the summer to me.

HVC

nothing will happen because the derspiess' of America don't care, and there are more of them then there are democrats.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

I think I've asked this question before, but does anyone know exactly which type(s) of communication between Donalds and Poutines would constitute a crime?  I mean not counting the lying before Congress type of crime.

HVC

wouldn't asking a foreign power to spy on someone in the government count as espionage and thus treason?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 11, 2017, 03:06:37 PM
I think I've asked this question before, but does anyone know exactly which type(s) of communication between Donalds and Poutines would constitute a crime?  I mean not counting the lying before Congress type of crime.

Here's the best analysis I've seen discussing whether Do Jr's meeting constitutes a crime.  I don't know the author so they could be a nutter, but it sounds good.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/341461-opinion-don-jrs-russia-meeting-wasnt-collusion-just

TL;DR - no it's probably not an offence.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on July 11, 2017, 03:17:36 PM
wouldn't asking a foreign power to spy on someone in the government count as espionage and thus treason?

It might. But Hillary was not in the government at the time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."