What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2017, 02:55:28 PM
Quote from: celedhring on May 19, 2017, 02:28:18 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2017, 01:28:11 PM
Quote from: Maladict on May 19, 2017, 01:26:33 PM
At least there will be no need for the tiresome 'Who is the worst US president ever' discussion anymore.

Oh God. The constant ranking of the Presidents is so tiresome.

We've got, like, six of them (one barely lasting a year)  so for now we don't have much to debate about.

I'd also say that top and bottom are relatively noncontroversial.

You only count the ones since Generalissimo Francisco Franco started staying dead? Why?

Because that's when the democratic office of President of the Government of Spain was created. It exists in some form since the XIXth century, but they aren't considered to be the same. The lineage officially starts with Adolfo Suárez.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on May 20, 2017, 01:02:53 AM
Sometimes you might just want to hear their take and get back to beer and non-political topics. Other times you might enjoy busting out a rousing "impeach the feckless buffoon" diatribe. I dunno how you like to relate to the local huckleberries.

As soon as he said "witch hunt" I knew there was nowhere I could get any traction with this guy.

Tamas

I was listening to a serious analysis on how Trump's Saudi visit might turn out.

Am I the only one who thinks e is merely going there to open a rainy day fund? The cringeworthy follow up trips to the two other religious centers seem to strengthen this

celedhring

Yes, you're the only one thinking that.

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on May 20, 2017, 03:49:17 AM

Well, you have much to learn about shady oligarchs.

celedhring

Quote from: Tamas on May 20, 2017, 05:08:07 AM
Quote from: celedhring on May 20, 2017, 03:49:17 AM

Well, you have much to learn about shady oligarchs.

I think I know enough to believe that they won't be conducting said shady business in person amidst a state visit when all the world is watching. Trump is dense, but not that dense.

That's what patsies are for. Is stashing money in Saudi Arabia even a thing?

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 20, 2017, 12:09:49 AM
I asked one of my Regal Beagle huckleberries what he thought of impeachment and he tried to sell me on witch hunt.

What's one of those, a pub/bar, a brand of beer, something like a burberry wearing essex lad?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DontSayBanana

Quote from: mongers on May 20, 2017, 08:22:42 AM
I asked one of my Regal Beagle huckleberries what he thought of impeachment and he tried to sell me on witch hunt.

What's one of those, a pub/bar, a brand of beer, something like a burberry wearing essex lad?

Regal Beagle *= Legal Eagle. Lawyer.
Experience bij!

The Brain

I'm shocked that a native speaker doesn't understand English.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: The Brain on May 20, 2017, 08:34:25 AM
I'm shocked that a native speaker doesn't understand English.

To be fair, there's English, there's American, and then there's Yi.
Experience bij!

dps

Quote from: viper37 on May 19, 2017, 10:44:24 PM
It seems to me that when they did in the past had weaker candidates, the Democrats rallied toward the most competent/least incompetent candidate.

Uh, want to try this sentence again?  I'm not exactly sure what you mean here.

grumbler

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 20, 2017, 08:32:14 AM

Lawyers are legal beagles around here, but, I suppose, nicknames can very by region.

Regal Beagle is the name of a pub or bar in some TV show whose name I forget.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on May 20, 2017, 08:53:23 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 20, 2017, 08:32:14 AM

Lawyers are legal beagles around here, but, I suppose, nicknames can very by region.

Regal Beagle is the name of a pub or bar in some TV show whose name I forget.

Thanks, that must have been where I half remembered it from.

I was guessing it was a Yism.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

Quote from: dps on May 20, 2017, 08:40:31 AM
Quote from: viper37 on May 19, 2017, 10:44:24 PM
It seems to me that when they did in the past had weaker candidates, the Democrats rallied toward the most competent/least incompetent candidate.

Uh, want to try this sentence again?  I'm not exactly sure what you mean here.
There were weak Democrat candidates for the presidency at some point.  At the time of Bush Sr, I think.  I haven't checked the numbers, but it seems many Democrats chose to vote for the stronger candidate at this time.

Is that time long gone, opinions way too polarized for this to happen on both sides now?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on May 20, 2017, 03:44:39 AM
Am I the only one who thinks e is merely going there to open a rainy day fund? The cringeworthy follow up trips to the two other religious centers seem to strengthen this
Kushner is going to finalyse some arms deal, and the Trumps will likely profit from this, though I do not know the specifics.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.