And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: bogh on February 10, 2017, 08:40:20 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on February 10, 2017, 08:31:22 PM
Quote from: boghProblem being that Warren didn't actually break a rule (as the rule applies to Senators, not nominees) and got punished, whereas Conway clearly broke a law and wasn't punished. So not so lol really.

those enforcing the rule interpreted it as applying to her, and a broad reading could make the rule apply to her. assuming kellyanne said something she shouldn't have said, which I think is arguable, then it's a question of how narrowly the rule can be interpreted so as to free her from punishment. I haven't read the rule, but I can safely say not punishing her is legit

Yeah. The people enforcing rules in either case are clearly not capable of enforcing them in a reasonable and balanced manner, wielding them like tools of political partisanship. Zero respect for the intent of the rules isn't something to cheerlead or LOL at.

You are wasting your time. :secret:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

LaCroix

america's political system has ignored the intent of the constitution by having two parties despite rules originally intending for only one political party

perhaps trump can fix this

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on February 10, 2017, 08:11:59 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on February 10, 2017, 08:04:36 PM
Lol Donald can't take the heat lmao

No he can't. Can't take the pressure and three weeks in.

LMAO neither can LaCrock.  Whining about "NYT" then linking to an opinion piece by Mat Flegenheimer.  SAD.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

Anyone who replies to the troll or tries to reason with him is lowering themselves down to his level of idiocy.

Just saying.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on February 10, 2017, 08:43:04 PM
america's political system has ignored the intent of the constitution by having two parties despite rules originally intending for only one political party

Not even you can believe this kind of bullshit.  The US Constitution is agnostic on political parties, and never mentions "only one political party" even once.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: PDH on February 10, 2017, 08:49:57 PM
Anyone who replies to the troll or tries to reason with him is lowering themselves down to his level of idiocy.

Just saying.

But you can inform the general audience.  Trolls will never themselves be convinced, I agree.  Even the ones not so arrogant that they don't deign to use punctuation.

Bayraktar!

bogh

Quote from: LaCroix on February 10, 2017, 08:43:04 PM

That is neither here nor there.

On the original issue - do you really believe that incredibly biased, uneven and partisan application of rules and law is what America needs?

alfred russel

Quote from: boghProblem being that Warren didn't actually break a rule (as the rule applies to Senators, not nominees) and got punished, whereas Conway clearly broke a law and wasn't punished. So not so lol really.

those enforcing the rule interpreted it as applying to her, and a broad reading could make the rule apply to her. assuming kellyanne said something she shouldn't have said, which I think is arguable, then it's a question of how narrowly the rule can be interpreted so as to free her from punishment. I haven't read the rule, but I can safely say not punishing her is legit

LaCroix, rather than defending every trump adminstration thing with whatever comes to your mind with 2 seconds of reflection, you would do much better by posting far less frequently and giving real thought to your arguments.

And when I say "much better", I'm talking about for you who gets banned for spamming nonsense, for us that are reading your spam, and for the trump admin that you are trying to defend.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

11B4V

Articulate, informative and professional. But

Quote from: alfred russel on February 10, 2017, 09:09:51 PM

LaCroix, rather than defending every trump adminstration thing with whatever comes to your mind with 2 seconds of reflection, you would do much better by posting far less frequently and giving real thought to your arguments.

And when I say "much better", I'm talking about for you who gets banned for spamming nonsense, for us that are reading your spam, and for the trump admin that you are trying to defend.

Articulate, informative and professional. But alas

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 10, 2017, 11:27:47 AM
Is there anyone here that doesn't prefer Pence at this point?

I'll take Lawful Evil over Chaotic Neutral any day of the week.

LaCroix

Quote from: grumbler on February 10, 2017, 08:48:41 PMLMAO neither can LaCrock.  Whining about "NYT" then linking to an opinion piece by Mat Flegenheimer.  SAD.

that's not an opinion piece, unless you're stretching "opinion" to include non-opinion articles

Quote from: grumblerThe US Constitution is agnostic on political parties, and never mentions "only one political party" even once.

see, I wondered if that was what I had read, but went with one party instead. there's not much difference, although I could have said "perhaps trump could truly bring politics back to the people." either way works with me

@bogh, rules are applied in bias ways all the time. I don't think courts should apply rules in incredibly biased, uneven, and partisan ways, but this didn't have anything to do with courts

LaCroix

Quote from: alfred russel on February 10, 2017, 09:09:51 PMLaCroix, rather than defending every trump adminstration thing with whatever comes to your mind with 2 seconds of reflection, you would do much better by posting far less frequently and giving real thought to your arguments.

I don't think this has to do with reflection or real thought. I could post my arguments on /r/the_donald and find agreement

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on February 10, 2017, 08:59:07 PM
Quote from: PDH on February 10, 2017, 08:49:57 PM

Just saying.

But you can inform the general audience.  Trolls will never themselves be convinced, I agree.  Even the ones not so arrogant that they don't deign to use punctuation.

La Croix doesn't even do a good job. He's a so-called Troll. Gives Trolls a bad name. Sad
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

LaCroix

you guys worse than a white cop in bama. always thinking I'm up to no good