What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 08, 2017, 07:52:05 PM
People in the future will not believe these are things that actually happened

I hope so. I am worried people will look back and say 'Trump really wasn't that bad compared to President Bannon.'

Or President Bernie or whatever.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: 11B4V on February 08, 2017, 07:35:58 PM
Trump saying he wanted to delay the Travel Ban. He says he was told no.

WTF. It your order you fucking moron.

CNN Reporting.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/08/politics/donald-trump-travel-ban-delay/index.html
Bannon is on the NSC, I guess that counts as "law enforcement officials" in Trump's mind.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

11B4V

Quote from: viper37 on February 08, 2017, 07:56:49 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 08, 2017, 07:35:58 PM
Trump saying he wanted to delay the Travel Ban. He says he was told no.

WTF. It your order you fucking moron.

CNN Reporting.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/08/politics/donald-trump-travel-ban-delay/index.html
Bannon is on the NSC, I guess that counts as "law enforcement officials" in Trump's mind.

The buck stops where?  :lol:

He either didn't read it or hasn't got the balls to not sign it. It's your EO Mr President.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 08, 2017, 07:55:01 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/donald-trump-us-dollar-strong-weak-unsure-best-economy-national-security-adviser-mike-flynn-a7568771.html

Your President calls his Security adviser at 3 am to ask economic questions.

Your President probably has parkinson disease.

The fuck does Parkinson's Disease have to do with being a low-information moron?

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 08, 2017, 08:01:48 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 08, 2017, 07:55:01 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/donald-trump-us-dollar-strong-weak-unsure-best-economy-national-security-adviser-mike-flynn-a7568771.html

Your President calls his Security adviser at 3 am to ask economic questions.

Your President probably has parkinson disease.

The fuck does Parkinson's Disease have to do with being a low-information moron?

WTF IS GOING ON MAN
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Berkut

Quote from: Jacob on February 08, 2017, 04:40:57 PM
Quote from: grumbler on February 08, 2017, 04:20:23 PMYeah, I can't understand why Canadians don't do this as well.  The problem isn't lack of plans on how to improve, it is lack of agreement on what plan would be most politically acceptable and still somewhat effective.

My impression is that the underlying issue is a lack of will to commit resources (and by that I mean, more money) to improving crappy schools. I could be misinformed, however.

I'd think that hiring more teachers (to make class sizes smaller, also helping with teacher burnout and stress), hiring more special programs staff (support both for more advanced students, for those who need extra help), school based help to counter the worst obstacles to learning that poor students experience (school lunches, behavioural counselling et. al.) would go a fair bit to improve crappy schools.

But yeah, you and Yi are right - I'm not surprised by the lack of plans. As you say, there are many studies and plans and so on. What surprises me - but perhaps I shouldn't be - is the fact that plans involving committing more resources to improve crappy schools are so politically unacceptable as to mostly absent from the debates on the subject.

Somtimes i feel like you don't read my posts. And that hurts.

In many cases, there is a problem of money.

But RCSD proves, IMO, that the problem at its core is not about money, and cannot be fixed with more money.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on February 08, 2017, 08:13:27 PM
What can it be fixed by?

That is a really complicated question.

Maybe that is why everyone likes the "Throw money a it!" solution.

To be clear, there are many, MANY places where the problem is in fact funds. Many public schools in the US are grossly underfunded.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadImmortalMan

As grumbler pointed out, the core problem is methodology.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 08, 2017, 08:21:00 PM
Sessions! :punk:

Explain, in your own words, why this is a good nomination.  And try to do it without the use of the terms "niggers" and "whores," please.

Valmy

Probably because it pisses Democrats off.

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 08, 2017, 05:08:55 PM
IMO it is a real no-no by McConnell.  Because there is supposed to be reasonably unfettered debate on executive nominees - gag rules are inappropriate.  McConnell is basically saying if you happen to be sitting in the Senate when you get the nomination, special rules apply and the Senate has to treat the nominee with kid gloves.  Ridiculous double standard.

And, of course, Warren's action, and the panic of the Republicans rushing to protect the tender feelings of their fellow, just made Sessions look more pathetic and the republicans more defensive.  Warren forced the republicans to make themselves look petty.  She was playing chess against men who thought the game was tic-tac-toe.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!