News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: LaCroix on February 04, 2017, 03:16:50 AM
so, because of obamacare, I'm going down to the courthouse and getting married. I'm not even engaged wtf.

now I need to see an attorney about getting a prenup

obama ruined america

What are you jabbering on about? :huh:

On the topic of Trump, looks like Customs and Border Patrol are complying with the court order.

https://twitter.com/cnnpolitics/status/827709588808036352
QuoteBREAKING: Customs and Border Protection told US airlines that it's reinstating visas following a federal judge's halt to Trump's travel ban
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

QuoteDonald J. Trump
‏@realDonaldTrump

The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Is he disputing the judge is actually a judge?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on February 04, 2017, 09:16:20 AM

No opposition to him is legitimate.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

I am telling you guys, these next couple of years can be a huge turning point in US politics. If the Republicans stand behind Trump's messages of that caliber, of dismissing judges and such, even if they are silent, the system of checks and balances will suffer a serious blow.

There is nothing upholding such a system of delicate balance, apart from all the actors deciding of adhering to it. If Trump takes his followers down the road of refusing the workings of the country, they WILL create a parallel state and it will erode democracy.

DGuller

I've been checking in on Rogue POTUS Staff Twitter account from time to time, and I can't figure out what to make of it.  It seems highly unlikely that the source is indeed rogue POTUS staff.  It's not like the president and his advisers do everything in front of a crowd of 100 anonymous staffers, you'd pretty quickly figure out how to associate what leaked with who could've possibly leaked it, and then pretty soon you'll be down to one suspect.

But recently a thought occurred to me:  what if this is how intelligence agencies are fighting Trump?  I'm sure they can find a way to monitor everything that happens in the White House, and this is their way to fight Trump before Trump completely emasculates them.  If you think Trump is a traitor, you can pretty much only fight him by leaking, and leaking to Twitter under a disguise seems more effective than leaking to the media.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on February 04, 2017, 09:30:14 AM
I am telling you guys, these next couple of years can be a huge turning point in US politics. If the Republicans stand behind Trump's messages of that caliber, of dismissing judges and such, even if they are silent, the system of checks and balances will suffer a serious blow.

There is nothing upholding such a system of delicate balance, apart from all the actors deciding of adhering to it. If Trump takes his followers down the road of refusing the workings of the country, they WILL create a parallel state and it will erode democracy.

I don't think they are likely to ignore judges. I mean if they do, that will be the collapse of our current system of government. Not sure it'll go down all that easily.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: mongers on February 04, 2017, 09:29:09 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 04, 2017, 09:16:20 AM

No opposition to him is legitimate.

Poor Trump

From thehill.com

QuoteFederal Judge James Robart, appointed by former President George W. Bush and approved by a 99-0 Senate vote in 2004, issued an immediate nationwide restraining order against Trump's action, which had cut off citizens from seven Muslim-majority nations from entering the U.S.

Sounds pretty legit.

CountDeMoney

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on February 04, 2017, 09:44:51 AM

I don't think they are likely to ignore judges. I mean if they do, that will be the collapse of our current system of government. Not sure it'll go down all that easily.
It may that Trump may over-reach and trigger an open civil conflict, but it may not necessarily be a good thing.  That would be the second of two possible disastrous outcomes.  The only positive outcome is that Trump discredits not only himself, but the entire authoritarian movement, among his voters.  His voters are the real grave danger to the democracy, especially now that they realized that they can be quite open about their authoritarian tendencies.

CountDeMoney

Civil conflict.  STFU.  This is a America.  Irrational fear of teh blacks aside, we don't do civil conflict. It'll be a two hour live reveal during prime time.  The revolution will TiVo'd and then binge watched.

viper37

Quote from: LaCroix on February 04, 2017, 03:16:50 AM
so, because of obamacare, I'm going down to the courthouse and getting married. I'm not even engaged wtf.

now I need to see an attorney about getting a prenup

obama ruined america
Your President and your party have promised to fix things.   You could wait a week or two until that great replace plan is in place.

Or is it that you have lost faith in your party?  You don't think they will go through and make it better for everyone while not dropping anyone's coverage and not increasing premiums?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Conservatives have been ranting about the judges making policies for years.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

This mornings catch so far, read from the bottom up, one has already been mention; interesting how they develop and end with an all capitalised MAGA.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump    46m

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

@realDonaldTrump    2h

After being forced to apologize for its bad and inaccurate coverage of me after winning the election, the FAKE NEWS @nytimes is still lost!

@realDonaldTrump    2h

The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!

@realDonaldTrump    2h

Interesting that certain Middle-Eastern countries agree with the ban. They know if certain people are allowed in it's death & destruction!

@realDonaldTrump    2h

When a country is no longer able to say who can, and who cannot , come in & out, especially for reasons of safety &.security - big trouble!

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

According to AP, the White House already taking Poland's number. I'm sure Marti will approve  :hmm:

https://apnews.com/9a5a5fbbb2ba45b2b9316e1734ec22eb

According to one U.S. official, national security aides have sought information about Polish incursions in Belarus, an eyebrow-raising request because little evidence of such activities appears to exist. Poland is among the Eastern European nations worried about Trump's friendlier tone on Russia.