News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 01, 2017, 11:12:45 PM

QuoteDonald J. Trump Verified account  1h
‏@realDonaldTrump

Do you believe it? The Obama Administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia. Why? I will study this dumb deal!

7:55 PM - 1 Feb 2017

Telling that the thing Australia stood tall on was refusing immigrants.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/no-gday-mate-on-call-with-australian-pm-trump-badgers-and-brags/2017/02/01/88a3bfb0-e8bf-11e6-80c2-30e57e57e05d_story.html?utm_term=.bd39d782b232

I would've love to see Trump slam the phone down
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

Quote from: The Larch on February 02, 2017, 04:45:57 AM
QuoteEven in conversations marred by hostile exchanges, Trump manages to work in references to his election accomplishments. U.S. officials said that he used his calls with Turnbull and Peña Nieto to mention his election win or the size of the crowd at his inauguration.

He's never ever going to shut up about that, right?
I am looking forward to the first Nuremberg style rallies.

Lettow77

Although Languish has been rather intemperate in their criticism of the man (And he is every bit as vulgar and shameless as one might expect of a New Yorker),  his policies since election have been in line with the statements he made before entering office. He is to be applauded on pursuing his agenda so expediently and forcefully.

Very unfair comparisons have been made to George Wallace, which do no justice at all to Wallace's eloquence and political acumen. I do look forward to a harder stance being taken with China, though.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

garbon

Quote from: Lettow77 on February 02, 2017, 07:05:39 AM
Although Languish has been rather intemperate in their criticism of the man (And he is every bit as vulgar and shameless as one might expect of a New Yorker),  his policies since election have been in line with the statements he made before entering office. He is to be applauded on pursuing his agenda so expediently and forcefully.

Very unfair comparisons have been made to George Wallace, which do no justice at all to Wallace's eloquence and political acumen. I do look forward to a harder stance being taken with China, though.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I'm rather worried that the tensions between Trump and Australia might become worse. Given his administration's track record, I'm worried that if he sends the bombers they'll be sent to Austria by accident.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

If you want to take a harder line against China it's spectacularly dumb to piss off the other major countries in the region.  He really is a complete idiot.

Syt

Quote from: frunk on February 02, 2017, 07:38:52 AM
If you want to take a harder line against China it's spectacularly dumb to piss off the other major countries in the region.  He really is a complete idiot.

—Stephen Jay Gould

Maladict

Razgovory

The China thing is a bit worrying.  I mean, they can kill us here, in the US.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Well comedian will be glad Trump has answered the question, what will follow on from satire, Trump is post-satire.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DontSayBanana

Quote from: garbon on February 02, 2017, 03:14:00 AM
I guess for some people it is easy to be careless with other people's lives.

The sad thing is that I was thinking last night maybe it's a good thing Trump had to go meet the casket at Dover.  Casualties suck, period, but maybe he'll think a little more about his saber-rattling after he has to look in the eyes of someone whose relative is dead because of his order.
Experience bij!

Syt

I doubt that it makes much of an impression on him. I don't think he has much going in the way of empathy.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on February 02, 2017, 04:37:50 AM
Now this is the kind of shit I just don't want to believe. It cannot be true, or we all fucked.

As long as there are a bunch of people like spicey around to give him the adulation he needs because OMG EMAIL SERVER people like Trump will exist.

As spicey said, *we* got the President *he* deserves.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

LaCroix

does anyone actually think australia will ever leave the US's orbit for anything but *maybe* the EU if it got its shit together?