News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: LaCroix on January 09, 2017, 02:22:24 PM
but it doesn't seem like the end of the world that the vetting is delayed. I'm assuming if something came up, they could hold another hearing.

That's a pretty big assumption.

LaCroix

is it a big assumption they could, or is it a big assumption they would?

Jacob

Quote from: LaCroix on January 09, 2017, 02:25:27 PM
is it a big assumption they could, or is it a big assumption they would?

Both.

LaCroix

OK, just making sure ;)

I don't think it's a big assumption that they could hold another hearing before the vote

CountDeMoney

Quote from: LaCroix on January 09, 2017, 02:29:35 PM
OK, just making sure ;)

I don't think it's a big assumption that they could hold another hearing before the vote

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on January 09, 2017, 02:15:34 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2017, 01:37:59 PM
Oh I would think so to but trying to be generous as one must account for institutional incompetence. -_-

How nice of you to be so generous :)

I don't want to become a bitter, old queen before I hit 40. :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 09, 2017, 03:01:42 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on January 09, 2017, 02:29:35 PM
OK, just making sure ;)

I'll say. :perv:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

I wonder what the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists feel about there clock becoming redundant?

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on January 09, 2017, 03:10:59 PM
I wonder what the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists feel about there clock becoming redundant?

Maybe once more in English? :hmm:

celedhring

Aren't they due for an update this month? I guess it will go forward one minute...

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2017, 03:12:35 PM

Where clock?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on January 09, 2017, 03:25:47 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2017, 03:12:35 PM

Where clock?

There clock.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Wtf is an "Atomic Scientist"? Is that like Atomic Kitten?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon