News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

I need a safe space where I'm not subjected to images like that.  :mad:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 13, 2016, 11:26:28 AM
I need a safe space where I'm not subjected to images like that.  :mad:

So does Spicey's wife.  :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 13, 2016, 10:12:16 AM
I'm convinced. Some time in the last year or so the entire planet slipped into another dimension.

Yes, the Taint, once Tim evoked it, may have irreparably broken our timeline.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Syt

TrumpTweet:

QuoteThe thing I like best about Rex Tillerson is that he has vast experience at dealing successfully with all types of foreign governments.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

Quote from: Syt on December 13, 2016, 12:47:53 PM
TrumpTweet:

QuoteThe thing I like best about Rex Tillerson is that he has vast experience at dealing successfully with all types of foreign governments.

he sounds like a grade schooler making stuff up on a test :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/12/09/trump-surveys-rally-goers-on-whether-time-magazines-person-of-the-year-is-too-pc/?utm_term=.ed2693bcb3c7

QuoteBATON ROUGE — President-elect Donald Trump, who was named Time magazine's "Person of the Year" this week, polled the audience at a political rally Friday about whether the publication should revert to calling the honor "Man of the Year."

Trump, who prides himself on bucking political correctness, relayed to a crowd gathered in an airport hangar that Time had long used the "Man of the Year" moniker — not debuting the gender-neutral term until 1999.

"For years it was 'Man of the Year,' and I think even if a woman won, it was 'Man of the Year,'" the president-elect said, adding that he considers that "a little shaky."

Trump proceeded to ask the crowd to cheer based on which they preferred. "Man of the Year" drew a significantly heartier response.

"That could be why the magazine business isn't so great," Trump quipped. "Anyway, who cares?"

[...]
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Legbiter on December 13, 2016, 12:40:08 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on December 13, 2016, 10:12:16 AM
I'm convinced. Some time in the last year or so the entire planet slipped into another dimension.

Yes, the Taint, once Tim evoked it, may have irreparably broken our timeline.

May god have mercy on us, because Tim will not.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: LaCroix on December 13, 2016, 09:24:50 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 13, 2016, 09:22:26 AM
You act as like those are minor considerations. Particularly the Russian realignment piece. I don't think it would be a good idea to have someone that Putin gave an Order of Friendship recognition to but clearly your mileage varies.

I'm not convinced it will have a major impact in how the guy operates as sos

1.  What will it take to convince you?
2.  If the thing happens that finally convinces you, what can be done to get him out of the job?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on December 13, 2016, 12:47:53 PM
TrumpTweet:

Yes.  Governments with gas leases AND governments with oil leases.
He is a Renaissance Man of Hydrocarbonization.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

LaCroix

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 13, 2016, 03:17:14 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on December 13, 2016, 09:24:50 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 13, 2016, 09:22:26 AM
You act as like those are minor considerations. Particularly the Russian realignment piece. I don't think it would be a good idea to have someone that Putin gave an Order of Friendship recognition to but clearly your mileage varies.

I'm not convinced it will have a major impact in how the guy operates as sos

1.  What will it take to convince you?
2.  If the thing happens that finally convinces you, what can be done to get him out of the job?

as secretary of state, something he does or a pattern of behavior that concretely suggests his motivation isn't to further US interests, or something like that

I dunno, something something congress? convince trump his sos is a Bad Man?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on December 13, 2016, 03:35:37 PM
Who's his Secretary of Slate?

Well, considering some of his other appointments, garbon might be a good fit for that position.  ;)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?