And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: 11B4V on November 21, 2016, 02:52:25 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on November 21, 2016, 02:30:54 PM
Some of the Arabs I know have complained about increased harassment during the Trump campaign.  While I'm not so surprised to hear of that sort of behavior here in the swamp; I was caught by surprise by this:

Park in Brooklyn Dedicated to Beastie Boy Adam Yauch Vandalized With Swastikas, 'Go Trump'

I wouldn't have thought there would have been neo-Nazis in Brooklyn.  (Maybe the Black Führer of Harlem has joined the gentrification.)

They are every where. And they feel empowered.

They should be, they now control the US federal government.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

dps

Quote from: Berkut on November 20, 2016, 02:06:54 PM

The more Pence talks, and the more Trump tweets, the more trouble I have maintaining my disdain for Pence.

I never shared in the disdain for Pence.  I kept wishing during the campaign that he and Kaine were heading the tickets.  They would both make better Presidents than either Donald or Hillary IMO.

Zoupa

Quote from: derspiess on November 21, 2016, 02:39:54 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on November 21, 2016, 02:30:54 PM
Some of the Arabs I know have complained about increased harassment during the Trump campaign.  While I'm not so surprised to hear of that sort of behavior here in the swamp; I was caught by surprise by this:

Park in Brooklyn Dedicated to Beastie Boy Adam Yauch Vandalized With Swastikas, 'Go Trump'

I wouldn't have thought there would have been neo-Nazis in Brooklyn.  (Maybe the Black Führer of Harlem has joined the gentrification.)

Yeah. Definitely not a fake hate crime.

What's a fake hate crime, derspiess?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

citizen k

Withdrawal from TPP just announced by Donny Tinyhands.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on November 21, 2016, 06:38:19 PM
Here are seven examples: http://twitchy.com/twitchys-3831/2016/11/17/7-fake-hate-crimes-that-the-media-blamed-on-trump-and-his-supporters/

That's some pretty thin sauce.  One chick who admits she made it up, one dude who claims "it was a joke," and a bunch of facebook posts "debunked" by police who say they weren't contacted.

Admiral Yi

celedhring

I love how he can't stop teasing the cabinet selection process on twitter. Dude's running this like The Apprentice.  :lmfao:

QuoteDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  Nov 20
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, who is being considered for Secretary of Defense, was very impressive yesterday. A true General's General!

jimmy olsen

Trump speaks and continues to peddle impossible policy goals

https://youtu.be/7xX_KaStFT8
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 21, 2016, 07:00:30 PM

The Fed govmint is going to get bigger. :showoff: :bleeding: :cheers:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

Lol, good job Trump. I'm sure that will get them back on your side.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/21/donald-trumps-media-summit-was-a-f-ing-firing-squad/

Donald Trump's media summit was a 'f—ing firing squad'

By Emily Smith and Daniel Halper
November 21, 2016 | 5:12pm | Updated 

Donald Trump scolded media big shots during an off-the-record Trump Tower sitdown on Monday, sources told The Post.

"It was like a f–ing firing squad," one source said of the encounter.

"Trump started with [CNN chief] Jeff Zucker and said 'I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed,' " the source said.

"The meeting was a total disaster. The TV execs and anchors went in there thinking they would be discussing the access they would get to the Trump administration, but instead they got a Trump-style dressing down," the source added.

A second source confirmed the fireworks.

"The meeting took place in a big board room and there were about 30 or 40 people, including the big news anchors from all the networks," the other source said.

"Trump kept saying, 'We're in a room of liars, the deceitful dishonest media who got it all wrong.' He addressed everyone in the room calling the media dishonest, deceitful liars. He called out Jeff Zucker by name and said everyone at CNN was a liar, and CNN was [a] network of liars," the source said.

"Trump didn't say [NBC reporter] Katy Tur by name, but talked about an NBC female correspondent who got it wrong, then he referred to a horrible network correspondent who cried when Hillary lost who hosted a debate – which was Martha Raddatz who was also in the room."

The stunned reporters tried to get a word in edgewise to discuss access to a Trump Administration.

"[CBS Good Morning co-host Gayle] King did not stand up, but asked some question, 'How do you propose we the media work with you?' Chuck Todd asked some pretty pointed questions. David Muir asked 'How are you going to cope living in DC while your family is in NYC? It was a horrible meeting."

Trump spokeswoman Kellyanne Conway told reporters the gathering went well.

"Excellent meetings with the top executives of the major networks," she said during a gaggle in the lobby of Trump Tower. "Pretty unprecedented meeting we put together in two days."

The meeting was off the record, meaning the participants agreed not to talk about the substance of the conversations.

The hour-long session included top execs from network and cable news channels. Among the attendees were NBC's Deborah Turness, Lester Holt and Chuck Todd, ABC's James Goldston, George Stephanopoulos, David Muir and Martha Raddatz,

Also, CBS' Norah O'Donnell John Dickerson, Charlie Rose, Christopher Isham and King, Fox News' Bill Shine, Jack Abernethy, Jay Wallace, Suzanne Scott, MSNBC's Phil Griffin and CNN's Jeff Zucker and Erin Burnett.

Arthur Sulzberger, publisher of The New York Times, plans to meet with Trump Tuesday.

There was no immediate comment from the Trump Team.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on November 21, 2016, 07:06:35 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 21, 2016, 07:00:30 PM

The Fed govmint is going to get bigger. :showoff: :bleeding: :cheers:

Like I told Otto, be sure you log in and say "Hi" when you get to Fire Base Huachuca.  WHEELS UP

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tamas

I was reading how Farage is angry he is ruled out as UK ambassador to Trump Palace...  I mean the US. Citing that he has known the Trump team for years.

More importantly, I was looking at this picture again, realising with great despair that this picture is how the world will increasingly be looking like: