News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

Quote from: celedhring on November 20, 2016, 11:10:28 AM
He's gonna build a fourth wall, and he will make Lin Manuel-Miranda pay for it.

:thumbsup:

(Mr Brecht, tear down that wall!)
Que le grand cric me croque !

Ed Anger

If Trump selects Mad Dog Mattis as SecDef, I will get a YUGE boner.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on November 20, 2016, 02:38:12 AM
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/18/politics/donald-trump-world-leaders-calls/index.html

QuoteWhat's different about Donald Trump's phone calls with world leaders?

Gotta love it.  For all his bullshit and the right's bullshit about security, here's Il Douche speaking to world leaders without secured and encrypted lines, or even so much as a goddamned State Department intern present. 

Guess national security doesn't matter as long as you have a penis.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 20, 2016, 12:49:30 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/18/politics/donald-trump-world-leaders-calls/index.html

Gotta love it.  For all his bullshit and the right's bullshit about security, here's Il Douche speaking to world leaders without secured and encrypted lines, or even so much as a goddamned State Department intern present. 

I'm waiting for pranksters to call him pretending to be a foreign diplomat or leader.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on November 20, 2016, 12:58:54 PM
I'm waiting for pranksters to call him pretending to be a foreign diplomat or leader.

Yeah.  Like in the middle of a nuclear crisis.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Syt on November 20, 2016, 12:58:54 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 20, 2016, 12:49:30 PM

They'll never get through trying to call him.
Now, if they pretended to be foreign leaders on Twitter...
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Berkut

Quote from: Syt on November 20, 2016, 11:32:44 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-pence-idUSKBN13F0Q2

QuotePence not offended by comments to him at 'Hamilton' show

U.S. Vice President-elect Mike Pence said on Sunday he was not offended by pointed comments made to him by a cast member of "Hamilton" after he attended the hit Broadway show.

"I wasn't offended," Pence said on "Fox New Sunday," declining to ask for an apology as President Donald Trump had demanded. Pence acknowledged that many Americans were disappointed and anxious after Trump's Nov. 8 election victory, but he sought to reassure Americans that Trump would be a president "for all Americans."

After the show on Friday evening, Brandon Victor Dixon, who plays America's third vice president, Aaron Burr, read a statement directed at Pence while standing in front of the cast in full costume.

"We, sir - we - are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights," Dixon said.

Pence sought to address Dixon's concerns. "They are going to see President-elect Trump be a president for all of the people and we embrace that principle," Pence said.

Trump criticized the cast in a series of tweets on Saturday and again on Sunday.

"The Theater must always be a safe and special place. The cast of Hamilton was very rude last night to a very good man, Mike Pence. Apologize!" Trump wrote on Twitter on Saturday, taking time out from his search for appointees to his incoming administration.

"Our wonderful future V.P. Mike Pence was harassed last night at the theater by the cast of Hamilton, cameras blazing. This should not happen!"

Pence praised the hit show and urged people to see it. Trump called the sold-out show "highly overrated" Sunday.

Pence noted that there were some boos and cheers when he arrived at the theater. He recalled telling his kids of the response: "That's what freedom sounds like."

"Hamilton" is a hip-hop-infused musical that tells the story of Alexander Hamilton, a penniless immigrant who rose to become the right-hand man of General George Washington, as well as a key figure in the creation of the U.S. financial system and the creator of the U.S. Coast Guard. He was killed in an 1804 duel with Burr.

The more Pence talks, and the more Trump tweets, the more trouble I have maintaining my disdain for Pence.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on November 20, 2016, 02:06:54 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 20, 2016, 11:32:44 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-pence-idUSKBN13F0Q2

QuotePence not offended by comments to him at 'Hamilton' show

U.S. Vice President-elect Mike Pence said on Sunday he was not offended by pointed comments made to him by a cast member of "Hamilton" after he attended the hit Broadway show.

"I wasn't offended," Pence said on "Fox New Sunday," declining to ask for an apology as President Donald Trump had demanded. Pence acknowledged that many Americans were disappointed and anxious after Trump's Nov. 8 election victory, but he sought to reassure Americans that Trump would be a president "for all Americans."

After the show on Friday evening, Brandon Victor Dixon, who plays America's third vice president, Aaron Burr, read a statement directed at Pence while standing in front of the cast in full costume.

"We, sir - we - are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights," Dixon said.

Pence sought to address Dixon's concerns. "They are going to see President-elect Trump be a president for all of the people and we embrace that principle," Pence said.

Trump criticized the cast in a series of tweets on Saturday and again on Sunday.

"The Theater must always be a safe and special place. The cast of Hamilton was very rude last night to a very good man, Mike Pence. Apologize!" Trump wrote on Twitter on Saturday, taking time out from his search for appointees to his incoming administration.

"Our wonderful future V.P. Mike Pence was harassed last night at the theater by the cast of Hamilton, cameras blazing. This should not happen!"

Pence praised the hit show and urged people to see it. Trump called the sold-out show "highly overrated" Sunday.

Pence noted that there were some boos and cheers when he arrived at the theater. He recalled telling his kids of the response: "That's what freedom sounds like."

"Hamilton" is a hip-hop-infused musical that tells the story of Alexander Hamilton, a penniless immigrant who rose to become the right-hand man of General George Washington, as well as a key figure in the creation of the U.S. financial system and the creator of the U.S. Coast Guard. He was killed in an 1804 duel with Burr.

The more Pence talks, and the more Trump tweets, the more trouble I have maintaining my disdain for Pence.

Most people look better in comparison to a turd. Doesn't make them good.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Pence may be a hard right nutcase, but he is one cool customer.  In terms of temperament could not be more different from the Boss.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/20/politics/trump-business-conflicts-reince-priebus/index.html

QuotePriebus: Trump's White House counsel will ensure no conflicts of interest

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump's soon-to-be chief of staff, Reince Priebus, said Sunday that the incoming White House counsel will be tasked with making sure there are no conflicts of interest with the real estate mogul's business empire.

In an interview with CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union," Priebus said Americans shouldn't be concerned with potential pay-to-play schemes in a Trump administration despite reports that Trump's daughter, Ivanka, who helms part of the family's business portfolio, sat in on Trump's meeting last week with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

"We've been at this for a few days. I mean, this is ridiculous. Let's just kind of take a deep breath. The point is, what Americans should see from President-elect Trump is someone who, by being in action from the moment he was declared the winner, he was on a mission to bring everyone together," Priebus said.

"That, to me, is what we should be celebrating. I think people should be encouraged by what they see. And I think it's a real positive sign for the future of our country."

Still, there are some signs Trump hasn't completely cut ties with his business -- and that foreign diplomats see Trump's business empire as a way to win his favor.

Trump met last week with three Indian business partners building a property near Mumbai, The New York Times reported. And diplomats have been staying at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, spending money in hopes that Trump will notice, The Washington Post reported.

Tapper pressed Priebus on this topic, asking: "As White House chief of staff, you're supposed to look out for any political or ethical minefields. Is it seriously the position of the Trump transition team that this is not a huge cauldron of potential conflicts of interest?"

And Priebus said: "Obviously we will comply with all of those laws and we will have our White House counsel review all of these things. We will have every 'i' dotted and every 't' crossed, and I can assure the American people that there wouldn't be any wrongdoing or any sort of undue influence over any decision-making."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 20, 2016, 02:59:18 PM
Pence may be a hard right nutcase, but he is one cool customer.  In terms of temperament could not be more different from the Boss.

Yes, it's not often you see such coolly astute and professional statesmanship when it comes to demanding funerals for all forms of fetal tissue.

Syt

What are the odds that Republican leadership is waiting for/engineering a situation in which Trump has little choice but to resign so that Pence can take over?
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on November 20, 2016, 04:28:46 PM
What are the odds that Republican leadership is waiting for/engineering a situation in which Trump has little choice but to resign so that Pence can take over?

Zero.