And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 22, 2016, 08:36:28 PM
We could see gerrymandering getting overturned by Kennedy
Fingers crossed.  Democracy could really use a victory right now.

viper37

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 22, 2016, 10:29:54 PM
Used them? When was that? AFAIK he's never NOT disavowed them, and they've been nothing but an embarrassment the whole campaign. I'm sure he wishes they'd never been there. Assuming he's got some sort of secret command over them is conspiracy nonsense.
I've seen stronger opposition than this:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/03/01/donald-trump-and-david-duke-for-the-record/

he knew who he was, what he was standing for since 1991, but in 2015, he didn't know nothing about him.  Curious twist of the tongue in between...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on November 22, 2016, 08:26:26 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 22, 2016, 09:23:44 AM
As someone who believes in liberal ideals,
As someone who believes in liberal ideals, I call bullshit on this one.

You never struck me as a liberal. More like a moderate social democrat.

Martinus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 22, 2016, 08:55:00 PM

As someone musing about how free speech has gone too far, you lack the authority to make that call.

I think his Dorsey persona is closer to his views than the DGuller one.

Valmy

I just think the left's response to this defeat is horribly myopic.

As someone who believes in liberal ideals, I can tell you clearly that the "social justice" strategy of achieving those has proven to be an utter failure and is pushing more and more moderates into the arms of right wingers everywhere.

But rather than taking this as a learning experience, all the Anita-Sarkezian-style fanatical ideologues take it as cue to double down (I remember the old Soviet line from shortly before the collapse of communism - "the class warfare intensifies as the revolution approaches its final victory" - I see the same sentiment here).

Those people think society is racist and evil so why would society doing things they consider racist and evil teach them something new? That makes no sense.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Rosie takes the high road on twitter:

Quotehe is the swamp - rich bully w/racist dad w/ money - alcoholic brother died young - NEVER gives to charity - yes - bad guy

I especially love the dead brother dig. Trump is so gonna get triggered. I wonder if he orders a drone strike. :D

This was accidentally posted last night in the Erdogan thread. :Embarrass:

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on November 23, 2016, 12:27:10 AM

You never struck me as a liberal. More like a moderate social democrat.
Social democracy is part of it.  For someone to be truly free, they have to be free from both government and economic coercion.  Again, to the extent practically possible, without going so far that you make the system eat itself.

Martinus

So apparently by now Trump has stated:

- he will keep "something very much like Obamacare" for people with preexisting conditions
- will not "lock her up"
- is "open" to the US staying in the Paris climate change accord

:lol:

FunkMonk

"Secret Democrat" form achieved

It's hilarious how easily conned Republicans can be
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Razgovory

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 23, 2016, 08:28:33 AM
"Secret Democrat" form achieved

It's hilarious how easily conned Republicans can be

Chumps for Trump.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 23, 2016, 08:49:49 AM
And now the alt-right is butt hurt, bigly

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/22/alt-right-supporters-donald-trump-backlash-disavow-reddit-4chan

The orange clown really is a masterful troll.

QuoteThey also objected to his visiting of the New York Times for an on-the-record meeting on Tuesday, at which Trump described the news organization as a "world jewel".

A few hours prior...

QuoteDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  Nov 22
Perhaps a new meeting will be set up with the @nytimes. In the meantime they continue to cover me inaccurately and with a nasty tone!

QuoteDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  Nov 22
The failing @nytimes just announced that complaints about them are at a 15 year high. I can fully understand that - but why announce?

He just gives zero fucks  :lmfao:

The Larch

QuoteTrump to scrap Nasa climate research in crackdown on 'politicized science'

Nasa's Earth science division is set to be stripped of funding as the president-elect seeks to shift focus away from home in favor of deep space exploration

I guess he doesn't mind having his coastal properties a few feet underwater...

FunkMonk

Newt's moon colony is finally within his grasp. 

I guess his plan all along was to move there after the earth is ruined by global warming.