News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Maximus on February 21, 2017, 09:05:21 PM
Why don't they just put a fan in a closed room?

I guess because that wouldn't change the carbon monoxide concentration. :unsure:

11B4V

Quote from: LaCroix on February 21, 2017, 07:53:24 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 21, 2017, 03:59:22 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/21/world/british-muslim-teacher-denied-us-trnd/index.html

none of the articles that I've seen have reported any good info, like how often this happens, etc. maybe he was a dick and something he did or said raised a red flag. etc

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: LaCroix on February 21, 2017, 07:46:23 PM
the milo = pedophile supporter craze seemed strange to me, like the people spreading it were the type who should be defending against things like sex offender lists. yet they're not, they're attacking milo for saying something he said that supported pedos

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

sbr

This is a statue of Mark Hatfield, a Republican from Oregon who served in the Senate for 30 years.  I have walked past it 100s of times in the last 6 years but today for some reason I actually paid attention to the quote on it (can't find a good picture so you have to take my word for it).

"True national security begins within our borders - in the health and education of our people."

How far the Republicans have fallen. :(

**I have no idea where to post anything anymore.  This isn't worth its own thread but I didn't want to post it in OTT.  No other real good place for it.**

Admiral Yi

Shoulda closed your mouth while posing Mark.

sbr

Eddie Teach

Quote from: sbr on February 21, 2017, 09:35:07 PM
You have taken up for LaCroix well. :)

Pretty bad that now one's aesthetic sense can get him labeled a closet Trump supporter here.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 21, 2017, 08:06:48 PM
Quote from: Jacob on February 21, 2017, 08:05:40 PM
He released a youtube video a while ago. Finally some conservatives checked it out before he was going to speak at CPAP (or whatever that thing is called), and they noped out. That set the cascade of consequences rolling.

In this case, all "teh librals" have been doing is pointing and laughing as Milo falls from grace. They were not involved in "spreading" anything other than gloating after the fact "oh look, NOW they care he's a pedo."

That post was about the towelhead turned back, not the kiddie fucker.  :secret:

Right.

Grallon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 21, 2017, 07:52:36 PM

...  Spreading it like the taut, smooth cheeks of a tanned, exotic pubescent youth like a tropical fruit, to expose the tender, pinkish puckernut meat inside.

When poetry becomes hunger... ^_^

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on February 21, 2017, 09:13:00 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on February 21, 2017, 07:53:24 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 21, 2017, 03:59:22 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/21/world/british-muslim-teacher-denied-us-trnd/index.html

none of the articles that I've seen have reported any good info, like how often this happens, etc. maybe he was a dick and something he did or said raised a red flag. etc

One thing is true though, that cnn article is lame. Starts up with several sentences brimming with emotion before getting to what happened. Is CNN hiring tabloid writers?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on February 22, 2017, 02:10:32 AM
One thing is true though, that cnn article is lame. Starts up with several sentences brimming with emotion before getting to what happened. Is CNN hiring tabloid writers?

:huh:  "brimming with emotion?" What are you, a teenage girl?

The story buries the lede, for sure, but that is distressingly common in news stories and has been since forever.  It certainly isn't a practice restricted to the tabloids.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

grumbler's post is brimming with emotion.