What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Josquius on February 28, 2024, 02:45:14 AMEx Australian PM on Trump and Putin:

It's like when a 12 year old boy goes to high school and meets the captain of the football team.

https://x.com/RaeCattach/status/1762316147171754150?s=20

Brutal, but in line with all of the other evidence we have.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

OttoVonBismarck

Trump is apparently struggling to post a bond for his New York appeal, complaining it is "impossible."

jimmy olsen

He only offered 100 million, out of the $454 due.
So, Jean E Carrol must be happy to hear that he has that. Her $88 million is going to come due sooner than NY states $454. Will she be able to get that money before the state fine comes due?

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1762899285480251528
QuoteBreaking NYT:

Trump has offered a New York appeals court a bond of only $100 million to pause the more than $450 million penalty he faces in his civil fraud case — a clear sign he lacks the money to cover the full amount.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

The level of incompetence in the NY civil cases continues to amaze.  I'm not surprised that Trump is ignorant enough to think he can "negotiate" with the Appellate Division over a money judgment but his lawyers are failing badly in their responsibilities if they are indulging these fantasies and charging hourly fees for it.  What's even worse is arguing inability to pay in support of the application. The risk that that a judgment defendant can't or wont pay is precisely why the judgment rules are so strict.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

The broader context is that neither the Caroll case nor the AG case was in any way unusual; over the years thousands of defendants have been sued on similar legal theories. There is a well-established play book for dealing with civil defamation claims or NYAG investigations under the Martin Act and the Executive law.  Competent and experienced counsel working with a semi-rational client would normally be able to get out of both cases and settle for a few million combined plus some conduct remedies in the AG case.  It takes an extreme and unusual pattern of incompetence and sheer client idiocy to end up with over $500+ million in civil judgments in these cases. It is a case study on how to completely screw up civil litigation defense.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 29, 2024, 12:16:23 AMThe level of incompetence in the NY civil cases continues to amaze.  I'm not surprised that Trump is ignorant enough to think he can "negotiate" with the Appellate Division over a money judgment but his lawyers are failing badly in their responsibilities if they are indulging these fantasies and charging hourly fees for it.  What's even worse is arguing inability to pay in support of the application. The risk that that a judgment defendant can't or wont pay is precisely why the judgment rules are so strict.

Trump just wants everyone to know that he really did misrepresent his assets. 

grumbler

So he's bragging that he is much richer than he claimed in his financial styatements, but so poor he cannot pay his penalty.  And none of the Trumpeters seem to notice the discrepancy.

I'm sure the AG's office has some nice staff members who can help Trump raise the cash.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jacob

So apparently North Macedonia based scammers are making millions of dollars from Trump supporters by targeting them with Trump branded debit-card and token currency scams: https://www.rferl.org/a/macedonia-trump-debit-cards-scam/32836128.html

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on March 02, 2024, 02:33:07 AMSo apparently North Macedonia based scammers are making millions of dollars from Trump supporters by targeting them with Trump branded debit-card and token currency scams: https://www.rferl.org/a/macedonia-trump-debit-cards-scam/32836128.html
I can't help but... smile. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

jimmy olsen

Track Donald Trump's debt as it increases with interest with this second-by-second counter; monitored by an accountant to ensure accuracy.

https://trumpdebtcounter.com/

As I posted this it was $467,760,406.51 and counting

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

That's way more than my household debt.  :)
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

crazy canuck

grumbler

Bayraktar!

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help