What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

If innocent people are hurt, it will be for one reason and one reason alone: we gave power to a monster, and millions continue to slavishly follow his whims.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

Meanwhile the real criminals run free. :(

:P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

If they had indicted her for some laws she legitimately broken I would have been fine with it. But just as you see here we have a news agency reporting "potential crimes" just writing fan fiction with no basis in fact.

I knew Trump was full of shit and knew damn well they didn't have anything on Hillary. She and Bill were great at living in the grey areas and making sure everything was nice and legal, them being lawyers and all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on April 01, 2023, 09:25:45 PMI knew Trump was full of shit and knew damn well they didn't have anything on Hillary. She and Bill were great at living in the grey areas and making sure everything was nice and legal, them being lawyers and all.

See? Paying your lawyers allows you to keep good lawyers...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Sheilbh

He is going to try and produce this within an inch of its life.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Yes. He must think he can beat it and the meantime it let's him appeal to the undeserved victim complex his ilk have at the core of their world view.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josquius on April 02, 2023, 03:11:29 PMHe must think he can beat it

He didn't really have an option, except fleeing to a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the US.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josquius on April 02, 2023, 03:11:29 PMYes. He must think he can beat it and the meantime it let's him appeal to the undeserved victim complex his ilk have at the core of their world view.
I've always thought that Trump is someone who believes that reality is what you project and what is projected on TV (and it has worked for him so far). I'm not sure if he thinks he can beat it or not or anything like that - I think he will play the victim of a political witchhunt, not backing down or running away because that will create the best TV. And if that's what he is on TV, then that's what he is.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

I had a thought recently. If Trump were to go to jail, likely not for this, but for something, would he still get secret service protection?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Yeah I presume so, but nowhere is more secure than prison. I don't know how many people would be able to even get to him, even in minimum security celebrity prison.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 02, 2023, 03:26:10 PM
Quote from: Josquius on April 02, 2023, 03:11:29 PMYes. He must think he can beat it and the meantime it let's him appeal to the undeserved victim complex his ilk have at the core of their world view.
I've always thought that Trump is someone who believes that reality is what you project and what is projected on TV (and it has worked for him so far). I'm not sure if he thinks he can beat it or not or anything like that - I think he will play the victim of a political witchhunt, not backing down or running away because that will create the best TV. And if that's what he is on TV, then that's what he is.

That's been confirmed - he's a long-time believer in the power of positive thinking and self-help guru Norman Vincent Peale.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/10/13/donald-trump-positive-thinking-215704/
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

I assume that those 34 felonies include plenty repeated offences over several years.

Sheilbh

Loads of press waiting for his appearance and reports he's going to use his mug shot in campaign ads (I'd be amazed if he didn't) - he is going to produce this to within an inch of its life.

Also in a true grifters assemble moment, George Santos is there. Of course.

Edit: And above all for any primary challengers, this will mean all the news is all Trump all the time again.
Let's bomb Russia!