What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Admiral Yi

Seems no.  I don't think the NY grand jury has even handed down an indictment yet.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcG3A7iR7NI

Anti indictment protest scheduled for yesterday in Manhattan, police estimate the crowd at between 3 and 6.

If Jordan Klepper is playing that straight.  Looks like not a mob.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 22, 2023, 06:43:39 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcG3A7iR7NI

Anti indictment protest scheduled for yesterday in Manhattan, police estimate the crowd at between 3 and 6.

That's a remarkably light-hearted, non-confrontational crowd.  Maybe if Jan 6th had only been 3-6 people, Congress wouldn't have been threatened with death.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 22, 2023, 06:43:39 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcG3A7iR7NI

Biggest protest crowd in history!
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Is Murdoch (owner of the NY Post) turning against Trump?

Tamas

Do we really think that Murdoch is personally approving/declining front page articles with all the rags his companies publish?

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on March 25, 2023, 11:56:44 AMDo we really think that Murdoch is personally approving/declining front page articles with all the rags his companies publish?

Wouldnt put it past him. Especially when it's something like this.

Though as far as him turning on trump goes...pretty sure he has a few news sources under him which take pretty different lines.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

I feel like Murdoch is the Left's Soros.

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on March 25, 2023, 11:56:44 AMDo we really think that Murdoch is personally approving/declining front page articles with all the rags his companies publish?

Approving front pages? Don't think so. Deciding editorial lines and who can and can't be attacked? Of course he does.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on March 25, 2023, 12:04:02 PMI feel like Murdoch is the Left's Soros.
Yes.

More important than Murdoch's views are what it says about the NY Post readership. As Murdoch put it in his deposition, on why Fox kept putting conspiracy theorists on about the election being stolen: "it is not red or blue, it is green."

Personally I think it makes him seem even more malign than if his media empire was just an emanation of his views.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tonitrus

DeSantis is only recently showing a seriousness for running for POTUS, so it may be the start of laying the foundation for positioning in the GOP primary.

And if it does become a series Trump/DeSantis primary stand off, it's going to be ridiculously media-bloody.

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on March 25, 2023, 12:04:02 PMI feel like Murdoch is the Left's Soros.

More he actually is what the right think soros is.
██████
██████
██████