What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Josephus on December 15, 2022, 04:56:00 PMSo when you say NFTs...is there no actual card?

Maybe they will release the cards so you can play Magic, the Trumpeting.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josephus

Serious question. I'm old. I have no idea what this is
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on December 15, 2022, 07:03:09 PMSerious question. I'm old. I have no idea what this is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-fungible_token

This is the definition of a NFT.

But I have no idea if this is what Tump has launched or if there are real trading cards, I have not followed the story.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

Quote from: Josephus on December 15, 2022, 04:56:00 PMSo when you say NFTs...is there no actual card?

I think the "digital" part suggests there is not. You get your very own .jpg - or maybe a .png if you pay premium money.

Josephus

Do we have any Trumpists here? Maybe they can buy one, so we can see.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Josephus on December 15, 2022, 07:03:09 PMSerious question. I'm old. I have no idea what this is

I'd stop there.  You've already maximized your understanding of the phenomenon.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on December 15, 2022, 09:07:30 PM

But I have no idea if this is what Tump has launched or if there are real trading cards, I have not followed the story.

I watched the actual announcement video.  The on-screen graphics do say "NFT", even if Trump does not use those letters.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

I very much doubt that Trump even knows what an NFT is.  He pretty clearly thinks that they are physical cards, "very much like a baseball card."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

https://www.coindesk.com/web3/2022/12/16/trump-nft-collection-sells-out-price-surges/

So I don't seem to understand everything, but the Trump NFTs (and again confirms they are NFTs) sold out in one day, but for only about one million, which seems like a really low-end grift for Trump.

But then it mentions a wallet which gets royalties from secondary sales of the NFTs, which I didn't know could be a thing, but I guess explains the matter.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on December 16, 2022, 11:10:32 AM
Quote from: viper37 on December 15, 2022, 09:07:30 PM

I watched the actual announcement video.  The on-screen graphics do say "NFT", even if Trump does not use those letters.
He does in this video maybe a later one :lol:
https://twitter.com/everydaywarren/status/1603429930380959745?s=46&t=h47axgQnLtuvgwqoe-K7TQ
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Barrister

And you know - the images are just so, so, so bad.  They're all just bad photoshops.

The thing is - Trump has had a very interesting life.  If you actually did a series of NFTs about his actual life, it would be, well, interesting.  Imagine - you could own the moment when Trump danced at Studio 54!  When he released The Art of the Deal!  When he helped create The Apprentice!  When he came down that Golden Elevator!  (it's actually pretty hard to think of moments that aren't cringe-worthy).  I mean I sure as hell wouldn't buy them, but at least they'd be based on reality.

But no - instead lets get some lazy photo-shop of Trump as a cowboy or superhero.

Caliga

He knows the insane rubes that follow him will throw their money at him regardless, and from what I heard they already have, so *shrug*
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

frunk

Quote from: Caliga on December 16, 2022, 12:55:51 PMHe knows the insane rubes that follow him will throw their money at him regardless, and from what I heard they already have, so *shrug*

I think it's more likely money laundering rather than fans, but maybe there are a couple.

Valmy

Quote from: frunk on December 16, 2022, 01:24:26 PM
Quote from: Caliga on December 16, 2022, 12:55:51 PMHe knows the insane rubes that follow him will throw their money at him regardless, and from what I heard they already have, so *shrug*

I think it's more likely money laundering rather than fans, but maybe there are a couple.

Sort of like the Saudis just happening to spend tons of money at his hotels?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."