What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Did I see it right that Trump is now claiming Obama took with himself 33 million pages of documents? Really?

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on August 12, 2022, 03:32:35 PMDid I see it right that Trump is now claiming Obama took with himself 33 million pages of documents? Really?
Par the course for his lot's style of defence really. Try and pull others in to your shit, even if its nonsense the mere talk of it raises questions and gets people to demand an investigation (its only fair!) which obviously isn't going to happen as there's zero evidence.
██████
██████
██████

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 12, 2022, 02:38:50 PMAs the Ultimate Declassifier, Trump World is now Counter Punching with the fact that he Declassified all those Documents before he left, as he was the President and he had the Absolute Authority to do so. Check Mate, Merrick! #DeepState #MAGA #GetsAwayWithItAgain #HaHaHa #NobodyCares
Then the documents should be released per a FOIA request.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 12, 2022, 02:38:50 PMAs the Ultimate Declassifier, Trump World is now Counter Punching with the fact that he Declassified all those Documents before he left, as he was the President and he had the Absolute Authority to do so. Check Mate, Merrick! #DeepState #MAGA #GetsAwayWithItAgain #HaHaHa #NobodyCares

There are three statutes cited in the warrant: 18 USC 793, 2071, and 1519.Classification is irrelevant to the latter two. It may be relevant to Section 793, which has to with  "information respecting the national defense"; but the section does not specify the information must be covered by a classification.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Josquius

The only thing that stands out to me is a box of info on the president of France :frog:
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 11, 2022, 08:53:04 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on August 11, 2022, 08:08:26 PMSo apparently the Feds were searching for nuclear secrets at Mar a Lago.

What does Donald need to keep nuclear secrets for?

That's the big question, what was Donald's motivation?  Money or political gain are the obvious answers.
I guess we know why the Saudi's gave Kushner $2 billion.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Does Trump have dual citizenship or why does he have two valid passports? I read among quotes of his Truth rants he complained the FBI took 3 of his passports, one expired.

DGuller

The other valid passport could be under a different name.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on August 15, 2022, 05:16:11 PMDoes Trump have dual citizenship or why does he have two valid passports? I read among quotes of his Truth rants he complained the FBI took 3 of his passports, one expired.

At least in Sweden people who travel a lot often have more than one valid passport, since some countries require you to physically send your passport to the embassy/similar to get a visa, and you may want to travel while they have your passport.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

Quote from: Tamas on August 15, 2022, 05:16:11 PMDoes Trump have dual citizenship or why does he have two valid passports? I read among quotes of his Truth rants he complained the FBI took 3 of his passports, one expired.

Quote from: DGuller on August 15, 2022, 05:28:49 PMThe other valid passport could be under a different name.

As I understand it, when you travel on official business you have a separate passport - so Trump may have his president passport, as well as his personal one.

Josquius

Far from unusual here for regular high flying business people that travel a lot to have 2 passports.
 Helps if you need to go to say Israel and Arab countries. And means you can still travel when one is at an embassy getting a visa sorted.
It strikes me that trump isn't someone who would have a genuine need but would want 2 anyway.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

To publicly admit that you are considered a flight risk is very Trumpian...

Razgovory

Trump is lying about the passport.  The DoJ says they don't have it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017